1. I utilized to operate in labor and shipment. One of the really skilled nurses had to talk people out of naming their kid Vagina … and explain why they were hearing that word they liked so much.
2. Not a midwife but lived with a student midwife when I was a student. The first set of twins she delivered got called “Red” and “Blue.”.
3. I had a colleague named Trina. When she was pregnant, she informed me that she and her husband had actually decided to call the infant Latrine. I had to discuss to her that she was naming her bad infant after the hole in the ground that soldiers shit into. She was frightened and altered it to Katrina. 2 days after the kid was born, Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.
Employers good friend called their kid Monster Galileo. Nurse tried to talk them out of it. Honestly, I kind of like the noise of it for an adult or an entertainers name but guh, being a kid called beast has to be rough in school.
5. My sweethearts granny wished to call her daughter Sunshine. The midwife said that wasnt enabled due to the fact that “it wasnt a genuine name” and his grandmother had no other backup infant names. So, a couple of minutes later when she heard somebody down the hall shouting “Tina”, she called her child Tina because she couldnt think about anything else on the area.
6. My boyfriend was nearly called Eggbert … But predominantly Egg for brief. Delighted they chose against it!
7. My classmates mom was a maternity nurse and she has a couple who wanted to name their boy “Collin” however desired to provide him a “unique” spelling for it. (I do not comprehend why parents do this. It doesnt make an uninteresting name more interesting. All it does is set your kid up for lifelong inconvenience.) They spelled it out for her to place on the birth certificate C-O-L-O-N. They tried to call their boy Colon. As in, the organ connected to your rectum. When my schoolmates mom explained this to them they were painfully ashamed and asked her to write it down with the regular spelling instead. I dont think theyll ever live it down.
8. Prior to I was born, my father wanted to name me Sky … But he believed that changing the y with an i would be charming. Thank god my mother isnt silly or I may have been named Ski.
Not a nurse, however as a med student a client wanted to call her child Mudpiles. The nurses calmly opposed and waited a couple of days.
10. I attempted to tell someone not to name their kid Tarmac. They discovered the word from NASCAR.
My ex-husband didnt believe it was fair that ladies could be names “Grace” or “Hope” etc and seriously suggested, “Pestilence” “War” or “Plague” for a young boy. We never ever had any children.
12. My uncle desired to call his daughter Raider God. Im thankful they picked Jada.
13. I as soon as had actually a student named Linoleum. Some midwife faltered on that one.
14. Because they felt bad about asking for his input and then declining it, my sibling desired to name our soon-to-be more youthful brother Corn Peas and our moms and dads nearly went with it. Fortunately, they overcame that and handed down the name.
15. My father enjoys Stevie Nicks and wanted to call everyone Rhiannon but my mama wouldnt let him. My earliest sisters name ended up being Stevie Nicole but now individuals constantly presume shes a man when they see the name Stevie.
16. I have a false leg. My parents needed to be talked out of calling me Peggy by the midwife.
17. I was initially expected to be Lex like Lex Luther. My daddy talked my mom into naming me Alexander with my nickname as Lex but they just called me Alex.
18. Working as an ERT on overnights, I got contacted us to OB to help out a lot. One name will constantly stick to me due to the fact that of how regrettable it is for the kid and how ludicrous everything is. The mom was deep in meth and other compound abuse and she told us she wanted him named Zion. We were like oh cool no issue so we asked her to fill out the documentation for everything for us to put and send in the chart and she composed down Vzyiion. She looked us dead in the eyes and stated, the V is silent.
19. My bro talked my mother out of calling me Mulan, because he had a significant crush on her and didnt believe a “sack of potatoes” been worthy of to be offered her name.
20. I wanted to call my child “Daisy”, its constantly been my favorite. Even my partner liked the concept. My entire household stated it was a pet dogs name and they wouldnt let it go so I didnt call her Daisy.
As a Family Medicine Resident, I personally delivered two various girls called Khaleesi. I imagine there may be some purchasers regret on the parents part at this point.
22. My co-worker went to school with a girl called Fallopia. I pity her specifically when she takes biology classes and they talk about Fallopian tubes.
23. My father desired to call me Snövit, the Swedish name for Snow White, however in the end, my parents called me something else. Had my younger sibling been a lady he d been called Törnrosa, meaning Thorn Rose and is the Swedish name on Sleeping Beauty. Never did get to the bottom of what my dads fascination with princesses was everything about.
24. I currently work with someone whose given name is “Imunique”. I do not believe any midwives or nurses were involved with the identifying.
My mama desired to call me Kirby. The good news is my daddy talked her out of it.
26. My piece of shit narcissistic father desired to call me Phoenix. You understand, since I was a new variation of him increasing from the ashes of his balls or something, I do not know. Thank god my mama veto-d it and I wound up with a quite regular name.
27. My kids have a friend in their class called Famous (male).
I once met a man called Lovey. It was a household name.
29. I was practically called Cinderall I have no concept what my father was smoking at the time.
30. In France there utilized to be a list of names you had to pick from ( mainly based on that days name saint and 3-4 others). Which is why there were many Jean/ Marc/ Louis/ Phillipe/ Marie/ Anne/ Valerie, etc in France.
My papa wanted to name me Snövit, the Swedish name for Snow White, but in the end, my parents called me something else. Had my more youthful brother been a woman he d been called Törnrosa, meaning Thorn Rose and is the Swedish name on Sleeping Beauty.
Truthfully, I kind of like the noise of it for an adult or a performers name but guh, being a kid called monster has to be rough in school.
Now its a totally free choice … however anybody can ask a judge to cancel a name-choice and force the moms and dad( s) to suggest one the judge discovers acceptable. No names like Coca-Cola, Xerox, Cocaine, Anal, Nutella, Sex Fruit, Devil, Blue Murder … PLUS the turned down name gets added to a “banned” list to simplify the rejection in the future..
The midwife said that wasnt allowed since “it wasnt a real name” and his grandmother had no other backup infant names. My earliest sisters name ended up being Stevie Nicole but now people always presume shes a man when they see the name Stevie.