Ask Reddit want men to know the following things are NOT hot:
1. Trying to prove you’re better than me at the things I’m good at, or acting like the things I’m good at are “silly” in comparison to your hobbies and interests. You don’t need to prove you’re “good enough” for me, and, if you did, making me feel shit is not the way to do it.
2. Agreeing with everything we say and do for the first 4 months then calling us crazy when we’re upset that the person we fell for doesn’t seem to exist anymore.
We’re just supposed to accept this whole new human who suddenly doesn’t see eye to eye on things and doesn’t like our personality as much as we thought.
3. Making me make every decision on my own. I’m glad you want my input, but I care about what you think too! Sometimes I don’t even know what I want and I need help choosing.
4. Throwing money around – I mean, I’m glad you’re solvent but I won’t want to stay with you if you literally chuck money away to impress people, even if that person is currently me.
5. Wearing too much cologne. Just shower and use clean clothes.
6. Being emotionless.
7. Bragging about having slept with everyone and their mother.
8. Aggressive driving. YOU SWERVING/SPEEDING IS NOT A TURN ON! It makes me distrust you/want to get out of the car! I want to be in the car with someone who makes me feel safe! It makes you seem like you’re just trying to be overly macho/cocky and is just SUCH a turn-off!
9. When the man has explosive behaviors, I feel like my uterus closes. Breaking or hitting things for any problem. That’s a BIG no no for me.
10. For me it’s bragging about your car. Also threatening to beat people up and constantly sizing up people.
11. Making fun of/talking shit about women 24/7.
12. Dick pics. Even if your dick looks INCREDIBLE I still probably don’t want a picture of it. I don’t care if it’s solid gold and shaped to bring me to orgasm in a second. Send me pics of your smile, maybe some chest shots, or take a picture of your pets. 10 times out of 10 I’ll prefer it.
13. Being persistent after being told no. Apparently, there are men out there who think “no” means “try harder”.
14. Bringing down a girl’s energy when she’s really excited about something.
15. Bragging about how much you can drink. Just makes you look like an idiot.
16. Flexing your height, especially when there’s some delusion involved.
17. Not knowing or refusing to do/learn basic life skills like cleaning, cooking, doing laundry, grocery shopping, being financially responsible, etc. I am not your mother!
18. When they talk in that fake “deep” voice. It just sounds like they’re burping.
19. Slapping your erection on my vagina before you put it in. Are you thinking that does something for me??
20. Men who interrupt you to talk about themselves, and men who touch your back or neck to physically direct you along as you’re walking.
You’re not coming off as charming and interesting if you don’t care about what I have to say, and if you’re treating me like I’m a wayward pet or farm animal, you’re coming off as controlling and suggesting you don’t see me as an equal.
21. For me, it would be when a guy tries and tells me what women like and don’t like. So I guess don’t be misogynistic. That’s not sexy.
22. Bragging? I guess when it turns to smugness, it’s really unattractive. I like confidence, not bold declarations of your assholery.
23. When guys say “you’re not like other girls” and stuff of that variety. Don’t put other women down to compliment me. I am exactly like other girls because we’re all just people.
24. Telling me that you’re an “alpha”. It makes you come across as an insecure loser.
25. Not being able to laugh at yourself. Huge buzz kill.
26. Doing the bare minimum doesn’t make you hot, it makes you decent.
27. Not wearing a mask. It doesn’t make you look tough dude, it makes you look dumb.
28. Having a straight or wannabe-badass face on in every picture. Smiling is attractive!
29. Bragging about every drug you’ve ever done. In what universe do you think it’s attractive for me to know you’ve done cocaine once?
30. Talking about sex… Every guy on dating apps turns the conversation sexual… Ask me about my day, not my knickers!