Ask Reddit speak about the hardest parts about being smart.
1. The truth that maturing clever, or being informed youre much better or above average, results in a burnout, anixity, and anxiety.
2. The ability to understand most possible results and their consequences frequently causes doubt or inactiveness. As opposed to some who damn the consequences and simply go all out.
3. It easily turns into how you recognize yourself and can trash your psychological health. (If Im not clever, what good am I ??).
4. Smart individuals are great at determining problems. Because of outside aspects, normally they are not able to fix them. Smart individuals live in a world where everything is broken and nobody will permit them to fix it.
Being clever is a practice. Too many “smart” individuals from high school/childhood get out into the genuine world, are fulfilled with difficulty for the very first time, sink into their convenience zone, and then never ever do a wise thing once again.
6. You might form your identity around and determine your self-worth by your talent, your achievements, and the appreciation you receive from others … whichs no chance to live life.
7. Society will pave a golden course for above average people, however turn their backs on the ones who are extraordinary, usually due to the fact that those people rock the boat excessive, see things the world doesnt wish to see, or are normally truly uncomfortable and unusual as a result of never ever quite fitting in.
8. The majority of clever people never discover meaningful application for their intelligence.
Smart people can typically see the bad things coming and can also see that it actually isnt preventable unless people can be convinced to change their behavior and people can seldom be convinced to alter their behavior. More frequently than not, being proved right is actually dismaying.
10. “Happiness in smart individuals is the rarest thing I understand.”– Ernest Hemingway.
11. Since youre clever adequate to see whats incorrect with yourself does not suggest youre capable enough to change it, just.
12. Having high intelligence make you believe a lot and extremely quickly. Which is typically excellent however if you get anxiety, now you have turbo-anxiety.
13. To paraphrase Socrates: Smart people gain from everything and everybody, typical individuals from their experiences, dumb individuals already have all the answers.
14. They are immediately viewed as a big-headed asshole if they ever admit that they are smart.
15. Smart individuals typically overthink things more than rather just do it.
16. That the really most intelligent people most likely (not always) will not be identified. The most intelligent person youve ever fulfilled probably wasnt really the smartest individual you ever fulfilled, they most likely simply conformed most to what you think being smart methods.
17. Isolation. Hard to discover other individuals who feel and/or think as deeply as you do.
18. Being clever doesnt make you immune to bad concepts, simply much better at defending them need to you buy them.
19. Extremely often wise people expect the world to make good sense and figure they will be better at working the system, which ever system that might be. The real world is extremely random, rarely makes any sense and is run by individuals that rarely are extremely wise.
20. They tend to consume and overanalyze over minor information that a lot of others would not have thought of, or appreciated.
21. You can be silly and smart at the very same time. I used to be pals with someone who was extremely smart academically, but managed to set herself on fire making toast.
22. The more smart you are, the less gratifying and more discouraging it is to interact with others.
23. Managers are going to be threatened by your intelligence oftentimes, partners are going to blame you for being an asshole when you try to discuss things, friends will avoid you inadvertently in group events given that you do not seem to suit effectively.
24. If youre lazy as fuck, it does not matter how clever you are.
25. A stupider person with a louder voice will get more attention.
26. Hard awareness for me was that bring smart isnt a virtue, its just luck. If you wish to feel good about yourself, youve got to utilize that intelligence to carry out actual virtues.
You simply blew the curve for the test. Trainees want vengeance.
28. They understand too much about how the world works and how horrible everything truly is. No “ignorance is bliss” for them.
29. One thing I see quite typically is that dumb individuals tend to think theyre smarter than they are. Smart individuals do not appear to understand how smart they are.
30. Smart is relative.
Too lots of “clever” individuals from high school/childhood get out into the real world, are fulfilled with difficulty for the first time, sink into their convenience zone, and then never ever do a wise thing again.
Smart individuals dont appear to understand how clever they are.
Smart individuals can frequently see the bad things coming and can also see that it actually isnt avoidable unless people can be convinced to alter their behavior and individuals can hardly ever be persuaded to alter their behavior. Very typically smart people anticipate the world to make sense and figure they will be better at working the system, which ever system that may be. The real world is extremely random, seldom makes any sense and is run by people that rarely are very smart.