Thats right I am looking at you, medical programs. As an EMT of 5 years and worked in the emergency situation space that never ever happens. There is no quick wake up like absolutely nothing ever took place.
Any time anyone does CPR. I understand why actors dont desire to do that, but I see them with bent elbows, and it simply breaks any immersion I have immediately.
AS SOMEONE WHO HAS WORN A CORSET (for the sake of period accuracy) THEYRE SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE WITHOUT THEM. Who was wearing the bodice matters. You would certainly not be seeing some random peasant female using a corset with no chemise, even noblewomen would use them for the sake of an underlayer.
4. Every grenade surge in every movie Ive ever seen. Its always portrayed as a giant fireball, the reality is that grenades, while lethal, are not that impressive visually.
5. Any motion picture ever where 2 characters break off from the group, walk 2 actions away, have a separate discussion, and then rejoin the group as if everyone else could not have actually heard them talking. They were RIGHT THERE.
6. The way diabetes (specifically type 1) is portrayed in any film. For explanation, high blood sugar level is seldom (practically never ever) a medical emergency. Low blood glucose is definitely a medical emergency however you dont desire to offer them their insulin. Youve just killed them if you offer them insulin when they are low. Because SO many people get this wrong and motion pictures like these play a big part in that, I am petrified of what may happen if Im hypoglycemic in public.
7. Silencers arent almost as quiet as the majority of movies make them seem. The bang will still be loud, just not deafen everyone standing close by loud. Films make it appear like you can slip around a base choosing individuals off and nobody will notice.
NICU nurse here, so basically most delivery and infant scenes. Numerous of them are entirely misleading.
Any scene where an authorities group shows up to a crime scene and just starts touching shit. I assure that if somebody came and just started touching things IRL they would probably BECOME the murder victim courtesy of the forensic group.
Nearly all war motion pictures where a shell goes off within 10 feet of somebody and it tosses them around and they continue running. Im looking at you Tom Cruise.
11. Im a hairdresser, and every time somebody in a motion picture cuts their own hair with a knife or kitchen scissors without a mirror, then reappears in the next scene with a good hairstyle, I pass away a little within.
12. Any military motion picture where theres consistent action. Genuine military shit is 95% sitting around/prepping for a task.
13. As a therapist, its funny how productions attempt to represent what a treatment session resembles. No two therapists or patients are the very same so possibly some therapists practice like the movies– however the ethical borders or simply “frowned upon things” therapists state and do onscreen are ridiculous.
14. Climbing up through ductwork to escape from anywhere.
15. In movies with navy submarines often they make it appear like they choose a 24-degree angle in 2 seconds and everyone goes flying, thats not how it works. Its more of a 10-15 degree angle over a shorter time and everybody just gets utilized to the brand-new angle.
16. Mental disorder is a sluggish accumulation the majority of the time, you do not just snap.
Disney Channel “bully” scenes. Kids are passive-aggressive with their bullying, and even when theyre loud about it they arent “what-ever-major-loser/ z-snap” about it.
18. Every. Fucking. American thinks we say shrimp on the barbie. No one states that, we do not call them shrimp either, its prawns, PRAWNS. Not everybody has the rich thick bogan Australian accent.
19. Every American high school where the bell rings and the instructor tells them what to do for research while theyre going out. Idiot.
Every American high school where the instructor is a total asshole who takes pleasure in making their trainees feel like shit. I suggest, I know those individuals are out there, but this is up until now from what 99.9% of teachers do on a routine basis. Due to the fact that the rest of the world is doing it to them all the time currently, we work SO HARD not to make kids feel like shit.
Every American high school where the instructor appears to have only one class over and over with the exact same kids in it.
I cant believe no one has put anything about hackers. Any movie or show.
21. All these CSI type shows, the people resemble, “Leave the lights off!!! I need to experience the scene like the killer did!” That is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard, if youre on your knees and hands trying to find loose hairs do you desire total darkness? “Damn, Ive been gathering samples in the dark for 8 hours, I believe I have enough to capture the killer.” “Huh? We caught him 4 hours ago, he dropped his wallet in the hallway. Turn on a fucking light and you would have seen.”
22. Any time a regular person is driving a regular cars and truck, and the tires shriek whenever they stop or very first start. I suggest sure that happens when someone is making a quick vacation or something, however I doubt Betty in her Toyota Camry is going to pertain to a screaching stop in driveway on her way home from work.
Essentially every film with a skydiving scene. My individual greatest jump was from 28,000 feet, well above a normal jumps 13500. Get in a convertible, drive it at 120mph, two of you stick your heads in the wind and try it.
24. Its ridiculous, but basically every motion picture in which they play Bridge. Sometimes its simply laziness, like offering someone a whole fit in their hand. However mainly their quotes make no sense. It would not be that tough to look up the basics.
25. In any scenario, where a character is in risk and a bad person is down, they dont get his weapon and additional magazines.
26. Anytime someone does drugs and they attempt to reveal what its like.
27. Any scene that takes place in San Francisco or New York City where a character brings up their car and parks right in front of their apartment.
28. You ever seen a trial in a motion picture? Its incorrect.
29. Any time a horse appears on screen, I begin flinching about all the bad horsemanship and incorrect tack and really hazardous things that are on the horizon. I really try not to consider it, however after 30+ years working with horses and 40+ years being totally into history, I get puzzled when I see Friesians in weird places.
Practically all war motion pictures where a shell goes off within 10 feet of someone and it tosses them around and they continue running. No two clients or therapists are the exact same so maybe some therapists practice like the films– however the ethical borders or just “frowned upon things” therapists say and do onscreen are silly.
Im a graphic designer, so anytime I see typography in historic programs or movies thats “off,” I see it right away. Recently, I watched Bridgerton on Netflix and on Lady Whistledowns Society Papers, they use a foot mark rather of an apostrophe and the kerning (space in between letters) is loose enough to drive an automobile through.
In movies with navy submarines sometimes they make it seem like they go for a 24-degree angle in 2 seconds and everybody goes flying, thats not how it works. Practically every movie with a skydiving scene. Im a graphic designer, so anytime I see typography in historic shows or movies thats “off,” I notice it right away.