Having children is beautiful! According to
Ask Reddit, not having children can be stunning, too!
1. You can have sex throughout the house.
2. Do not have to worry about the kids fucking around with them if you have pets.
Staying sane. I have the regrettable benefit of hearing my upstairs neighbors kid shrieking and running and stomping and crying every other early morning.
4. Liberty! Liberty to move around, freedom to travel last minute, liberty to sleep in … cash is excellent, however freedom is crucial.
5. When you go on a getaway, its actually a holiday.
6. Being able to continue working on yourself without the pressure of how rapidly you grow or heal because youre not accountable for forming a childs mind.
7. Money is typically the knee-jerk answer, however a huge one is time.
8. I can relax knowing Im not literally responsible for every aspect of a little humans life
9. I have poop on my hands less frequently.
10. Not having to re-live intermediate school research and semester-long projects that get going the night before they are due.
11. Absolutely nothing holding me back from moving or changing jobs.
12. Its easier to keep the home clean.
13. You do not need to fret about the kid remaining in the way when you really have those unpleasant days.
14. No loud, obnoxious, or spontaneous screeching or yelling.
15. No listening to Barney, or Teletubies, or whatever crap the kids are watching nowadays.
16. Having cash.
17. Less stress and more liberty.
18. Never needing to clean someones ass.
19. More non reusable income. No conserving for school, school functions, kids sports.
21. For a woman, not having to handle the physical changes that support being pregnant and delivering is also a substantial advantage.
22. Since your kids are the very same age, not having to communicate with other parents simply.
23. As a parent I would state the worry. When you end up being a parent you just worry all the time. Even when the kids are at the grandparents, you have your adult time, you still cant relax. Maybe its cause my kids are small. I vaguely remember what its like to not have that feeling.
24. More chances to try brand-new things, and an obstacle to discover yourself.
25. No concerns about getting that call from the police headquarters, finding their drug stash, questioning which rehab to send them to, and so on
26. Solitude in the early morning and having a clean home.
27. It sounds daft, but originating from a mom, going to the shop. Just going. No argument over shoes. No “get your coat on now Ive informed you 3 times”. No “however I dont wan na go”. Just go. Its amazing. I miss it.
28. None of your shit getting damaged.
29. The very best advantage is that my time is my own! I am not accountable for anybody however me and my animals.
Even when the kids are at the grandparents, you have your adult time, you still cant relax. Perhaps its trigger my kids are little.
You get to keep your life. And if your entire identity isnt that of mother, the mommy wars and judgment are intolerable, consistent, and difficult.
I have the regrettable privilege of hearing my upstairs neighbors kid shrieking and running and stomping and sobbing every other morning. Freedom to move around, liberty to travel last minute, flexibility to sleep in … cash is great, but freedom is key.
No conserving for school, school functions, kids sports.