1. “You fail and then you try something else. And you fail again and again, and you fail a thousand times, and you keep trying because maybe the 1,001st idea might work.” – Michael
Remember, nobody is successful on their first attempt. You shouldn’t give up hope, simply because you suffered from rejection or some sort of setback. You need to keep going. You need to believe you’ll get there eventually. The worst thing you can do is give up on yourself.
2. “What matters isn’t if people are good or bad. What matters is, if they’re trying to be better today than they were yesterday.” – Michael
You’re not perfect. You’re never going to be perfect. However, you can actively try to better yourself. You can put effort into becoming the strongest version of yourself. You can admit that you have flaws and do your best to change them bit by bit, every single day.
3. “If soulmates do exist, they’re not found. They’re made.” – Michael
Relationships aren’t easy. Even once you find someone who fits you perfectly, problems will still pop up from time to time. You both have to be willing to fight for the relationship. You both need to put in effort every single day. You need to make a conscious choice to be there for each other.
4. “Time. That’s what the Good Place really is. It’s not even a place, really. It’s just having enough time with the people you love.” – Chidi
Take advantage of every moment you get to spend with your loved ones. Appreciate them while they’re still around because nothing lasts forever. However, while it does last, it’s forking beautiful.
5. “Sometimes, when you’re feeling helpless, the secret is to help someone else. Get out of your own head. Trust me. The next time someone asks for help, say yes.” – Michael
Being a good person is selfish in a way, because it helps you, too. You should never hesitate to reach out to someone in need. Lend them a hand. Do them a favor. Give them a shoulder to lean on. You should be the person you wish you had when you were suffering.
6. “Here’s an idea. What if we don’t worry about whatever comes next?” – Chidi
You can’t plan out every single second of your existence — and why would you want to? Sometimes, you need to go with the flow. You need to act spontaneous, adventurous, and free-spirited. Some of the best moments in life you’ll never see coming.
7. ‘You know, sometimes a flaw can make something even more beautiful.” — Tahani
You’re imperfect and that’s not a bad thing. That’s not an insult. That’s what makes you unique. That’s what makes you so undeniably you. Instead of covering up your insecurities, try to embrace them. Learn to love your authentic self.
8. “Where I’m from, most things blow up eventually. So I learned that when something dope comes along, you gotta lock it down! If you’re always frozen in fear and taking too long to figure out what to do, you’ll miss your opportunity, and maybe get sucked into the propeller of a swamp boat.” – Jason
You don’t want to wait forever for the timing to be right. You don’t want to hold yourself back out of fear. If you want something badly enough, then you should chase after it. Take action. Take a leap. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
9. “I assume he’s doing the same as every human. Some good days. Some bad days. He’s got a few friends, a few people he can’t stand. He’s learning some things, all by himself, and hopefully learning to ask for help when he needs it. He’s messing up, and trying again, and messing up again, and then getting things wrong, and then trying to make them right. That’s what everyone does.” – Eleanor
So many people out there love you. So many people see your worth. No matter how alone you feel right now, no matter how much you’ve been doubting yourself, remember that a million other people are experiencing the exact same emotions right now. We’re in this together, even when it feels like we’re on an island alone.