CMS released a final rule that updates payment rates for dialysis services. It works Jan. 1.
Morgan Haefner –
Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020
Five things to know:.
1. The agency is expanding add-on payments for brand-new and innovative equipment and products to particular house dialysis makers.
2. CMS decided not to authorize additional payments for dialyzers and cartridges for home dialysis machines in 2021. The manufacturers can reapply for the 2022-23 fiscal year.
3. In 2021, CMS anticipates to pay $10.3 billion to about 7,400 dialysis centers in the potential payment system.
4. The final base rate for dialysis facilities is $253.13, up $13.80 from the existing rate of $239.33.
5. CMS will use a 5 percent cap on any decline in a dialysis centers wage index.
CMS decided not to approve extra payments for dialyzers and cartridges for house dialysis machines in 2021. The makers can reapply for the 2022-23 calendar years.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by click on this link.
View the complete guideline here.
More articles on health care finance: CMS fines 2,545 medical facilities for high readmissions: 5 things to knowCMS releases final cost disclosure rule: 5 things to knowGeorgia hospital closes after 6 years.