#RSNA2020 – Continuous Improvement Through Peer Learning
Traditionally, the radiology community advocates peer review for quality assurance. The current trend is to focus more on peer learning, where learning from peers in a continuous improvement mode becomes more important than focusing on the (number of) diagnostic errors.
Agfa HealthCare has developed a module that supports both peer review and peer learning in its Enterprise Imaging (EI) platform.
Recently HealthManagement.org spoke to Jan Kips and Danny Steels, Product Managers at Agfa HealthCare, to learn more about this new module and how it can help facilitate learning in radiology by addressing the shortcomings of traditional peer review approaches.
“20% of the studies present 80% of the
Agfa HealthCare is flipping the script on Peer Learning:
- Offers the possibility to both automatically and manually trigger peer reviews;
- Fully embeds the peer review workflow in the radiology;
- Anonymised, built-in feedback loops allow authors to learn from the advice of colleagues;
- Dedicated conference functionality enables discussions on case and ability to follow-up on recommendations or process changes;
- A highly configurable workflow allows customers to tailor their workflow from traditional peer review to a peer learning workflow with conferences and anything in between.
“The peer learning workflow is completely embedded in
a radiologist’s routine workflow.”
In the interview Jan and Danny also touch on the cultural impact and how a series of particular features of Agfa’s Peer Learning module can support a culture change and expand a true learning spirit in the health organization.
Access the full interview here to learn more on:
- The full scope of the Agfa HealthCare Peer Learning approach;
- How to embed it into the radiologist routine workflows for maximum impact ;
- How peer learning can be used for a second opinion workflow.
Interested in more ?
At the upcoming RSNA All Virtual we will be hosting a series of expert webinars on Peer Learning with Jan Kips and Danny Steels.
Reach out to attend and schedule your consultation with our experts today.