© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
More articles on expert system: Microsoft vanquishes Amazon, Google for strongest healthcare AI offering, KLAS states Mount Sinai names brand-new dean of AI, human health: 5 things to know AI tool gains FDA emergency approval to help treat COVID-19 clients: 4 details
Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic has actually partnered with Google Health on a new effort to improve radiation therapy preparation with expert system.
5 things to understand:
1. Mayos radiation therapy specialists will deal with Google Healths experts on applying AI to medical imaging.
2. The partners will utilize deidentified data to develop and verify an algorithm that will automate health tissue and organ contouring from tumors. The groups will likewise use the algorithm for establishing adaptive dose and treatment plans for head and neck radiation treatment clients.
3. Eventually, Mayo and Google Health aim to develop an algorithm to enhance radiation plan quality and patient results as well as make radiotherapy practices more efficient.
4. The AI-based tools could assist make specialized medical knowledge more available worldwide and minimize prolonged wait times for clients.
5. The effort is the very first cooperation in between Mayo and Google because revealing their partnership in 2019.
The partners will use deidentified information to develop and verify an algorithm that will automate health tissue and organ contouring from tumors. The teams will also use the algorithm for establishing adaptive dose and treatment strategies for head and neck radiation therapy clients.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020.