Salt Lake City-based Intermountain Health Care and Sioux Falls, S.D.-based Sanford Health are pursuing a merger that would develop a 70-hospital system..
Five things to understand about the proposed merger:.
1. The 2 systems revealed Oct. 26 that they have actually signed a letter of intent to merge. The deal would combine Sanfords 46 hospitals and Intermountains 24 healthcare facilities, including one that is virtual..
2. The combined system would utilize more than 89,000 individuals..
3. Intermountain and Sanford Healths insurance coverage operations, which cover about 1.1 million, would combine..
4. Intermountain and Sanford Healths combined revenue in 2015 totaled $15 billion, according to The Wall Street Journal..
5. The combined system would run 435 centers across seven states..
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
The 2 systems announced Oct. 26 that they have actually signed a letter of intent to merge. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material?
More short articles on health care market deals: Atrium, Wake Forest Baptist combine to produce 42-hospital systemAdvocate Aurora, Beaumont cancel mergerCHS divests Texas hospital.