Over the past couple of months, 4 of the largest EHR business have actually inked new collaborations with tech giants, introduced new items and continued go-lives at health centers and health systems throughout the U.S
. Here are 25 updates on Allscripts, Cerner, Epic and Meditechs operations given that August.
Jackie Drees –
Wednesday, October 28th, 2020
1. Allscripts partnered with health IT firm MicroHealth in August to shift the U.S. Department of States international medical health units to a cloud-based EHR system.
2. On Aug. 10, Allscripts welcomed Carol Zierhoffer, senior vice president and worldwide CIO of Bechtel engineering and construction business, to its board of directors. Ms. Zierhoffer works as a member of the boards audit committee.
3. Sheba Medical Center in Ramat Gan, Israel, tapped Allscripts in August to supply and develop health IT software and solutions throughout its ARC Innovation Center in Chicago.
Allscripts has actually contracted with 18 new physician practices for ambulatory and population health software application in 2020, including Family Medical Associates of Raleigh (N.C.); Urology Centers of Alabama in Birmingham; and AllCare Health in Grants Pass, Ore.
5. On Oct. 13, Allscripts revealed it formed an arrangement to sell its care coordination company CarePort Health to house health software application company WellSky for $1.35 billion.
6. Strata Decision Technology finished its $365 million acquisition of Epsi, Allscripts health care choice analytics and budgeting company on Oct. 15. Epsi provides monetary decision assistance and planning tools for health centers and health systems while Strata uses a cloud-based monetary analytics platform for healthcare monetary preparation and decision assistance..
7. Cerner invited a handful of brand-new executives over the last couple of months, consisting of Peter Liebert as Cerner Government Services new vice president and primary info gatekeeper; William Mintz as Cerners new chief technique officer; and Ron Lattomus as the companys brand-new director of federal programs. The business also revealed Oct. 28 that senior vice president and CFO Marc Naughton will leave his post in 2021.
8. On Aug. 3, profits cycle management companies R1 announced it settled its acquisition of Cerners RevWorks services business. In different deals, Cerner and financial investment company LRVHealth invested $6 million in digital health start-up Xealth as part of a new cooperation in August, and in September Cerner stated it will integrate advance care planning tech service provider Vyncas option with its Millennium EHR to help clinicians improve client health details with their end-of-life care choices..
9. The U.S. Coast Guard started deploying the Department of Defenses new Cerner EHR system at four medical facility pilot websites in California in August. The Department of Veterans Affairs later on deployed the very first capabilities of its brand-new $16 billion Cerner EHR system on Oct. 24 at the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center in Spokane, Wash.
10. Amazon on Aug. 27 released its brand-new health tracking gadget Halo, which is integrated into Cerners EHR services to enable gadget users to opt in to share their health data straight into their EHR and with care groups that use Cerner. San Diego-based Sharp Healthcare was the first Cerner customer to take part in the partnership.
11. Finland authorities partnered with Cerner in September to assist build a brand-new digital platform that will integrate health care and social services, supplying people with access to incorporated outpatient and inpatient care, behavioral healthcare and household services.
12. Throughout his keynote address at the businesss virtual health conference Oct. 13, Cerner CEO Brent Shafer detailed the EHR vendors new efforts and software tools targeting information quality, interoperability and social determinants of health. Mr. Shafer unveiled 2 new product portfolios connected to the initiatives: Cerner Unite and Cerner Discover.
13. Cerner opened a look for more health systems to sign up with St. Josephs Health and Indiana University Health as checking partners for its new EHR voice assistance innovation. Powered in combination with Nuances virtual assistant ability, Voice Assist will enable clinicians to interact with their Cerner EHR utilizing simply their voice and the expression “Hey Cerner” as a way to reduce manual information documentation.
14. In early August, hundreds of Epic workers began voicing issues to the EHR giant about its then-required on-campus return in September. Impressive then alerted its workers on Aug. 8 it was adjusting return-to-work requirements and tapped Cleveland Clinic to evaluate its strategies. On Aug. 12, Epic informed workers they would be allowed to work from home through a minimum of the end of 2020. Legendary also verified plans in August to merge four of its departments: end user training, application, quality guarantee and technical communications, into one bigger application services division.
15. Epic founder and CEO Judy Faulkner shared insights on the companys COVID-19 action, company philosophy and present tasks throughout Cleveland Clinics Ideas for Tomorrow virtual speaker series Sept. 2. Ms. Faulkner stated that Epics database effort Cosmos has gone beyond the more than 50 million records objective it planned to include 2020, with more than 60 million records kept and adding more each day.
On Sept. 22, Microsoft announced the EHR giant is the first medical record system to integrate the Microsoft Teams connector, which permits clients and clinicians to introduce telehealth visits through the platform. In October, Lyft announced it is integrating with Epic to allow health care workers to coordinate client transportation straight from the EHR.
17. 4 doctor signed on in October to implement a brand-new payer platform collectively developed by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois and Epic that is created to securely exchange health information in between insurance providers and suppliers and streamline administrative processes such as prior authorizations and paying claims. The four providers taking part in the first wave of deployment are: NorthShore University HealthSystem in Evanston, Ill.; DuPage Medical Group in Downers Grove, Ill.; Access Community Health Network in Chicago; and Northwest Community Healthcare in Arlington Heights, Ill..
18. University of Minnesota and M Health Fairview researchers developed an AI algorithm in October that assesses chest X-rays to identify potential cases of COVID-19 and made it readily available at scale free of charge in Epics App Orchard..
19. Several health centers and health systems have actually picked Epic for brand-new EHRs or went live on brand-new systems over the previous few months, consisting of Walton, N.Y.-based UHS Delaware Valley Hospital; Carson City, Nev.-based Carson Tahoe Health; Rolla, Mo.-based Phelps Health; and York, Pa.-based WellSpan Health.
20. In October, Epic teamed up with InterSystems information platform for its EHR to increase clinicians access to bigger datasets and details for client care. Under the collaboration, Epic will apply InterSystems IRIS Data platform as the structure for its EHR system..
21. Meditech finished numerous EHR go-lives from August through September, deploying new systems at Globe, Ariz.-based Cobre Valley Regional Medical Center; San Luis Valley Health; Portsmouth-based Southern Ohio Medical Center.
22. On Oct. 1, Milford (Mass.) Regional Medical Center went survive on an $18 million brand-new Meditech EHR system. The go-live marked the very first time the medical center is on a single EHR platform with its hospital and affiliated medical offices considering that executing digital client records in the 1980s.
23. The American Health Information Management Association partnered with Meditech in September on a new effort to supply EHR digital training for 16,000 students at more than 300 colleges and universities using Meditechs Expanse system..
24. Meditech revealed a brand-new collaboration with AI designer Nuance on Sept. 9 to launch a voice assistant for clinicians using its Expanse EHR system.
25. Providence Services Group got Meditech seeking advice from firm Navin, Haffty & & Associates, which was founded in 2001 and teamed up with Meditech to develop the all set EHR application model in 2012. Renton, Wash.-based Providence owns Providence Services Group.
Allscripts has contracted with 18 brand-new doctor practices for ambulatory and population health software in 2020, consisting of Family Medical Associates of Raleigh (N.C.); Urology Centers of Alabama in Birmingham; and AllCare Health in Grants Pass, Ore.
More posts on EHRs: WellSpan Health releases Epic EHR: 3 notes VA goes live on $16B Cerner EHR: 5 things to understand You cant manage what you dont determine: How Lyft, Epic are tackling patients SDOH needs through new integration.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
5. On Oct. 13, Allscripts announced it formed an arrangement to offer its care coordination company CarePort Health to home health software application supplier WellSky for $1.35 billion. Amazon on Aug. 27 launched its brand-new health tracking device Halo, which is incorporated into Cerners EHR options to permit device users to decide in to share their health information directly into their EHR and with care groups that utilize Cerner. During his keynote address at the businesss virtual health conference Oct. 13, Cerner CEO Brent Shafer detailed the EHR vendors new initiatives and software application tools targeting data quality, interoperability and social determinants of health. Cerner opened a search for more health systems to join St. Josephs Health and Indiana University Health as checking partners for its new EHR voice support innovation.