Ten transactions involving hospitals and health systems were announced, finalized or advanced in the last three weeks:
1. Bankruptcy court approves $20M sale of Washington hospital
A bankruptcy judge on Oct. 21 authorized the $20 million sale of Astria Regional Medical Center in Yakima, Wash., and a neighboring medical office building to an investment group.
2. CentraState Healthcare to join Atlantic Health
CentraState Healthcare System, a single-hospital system based in Freehold, N.J., has signed a definitive agreement to join Atlantic Health System, a seven-hospital system based in Morristown, N.J.
3. UnityPoint Health seeks to sell Iowa hospital to Illinois system
West Des Moines, Iowa-based UnityPoint Health plans to sell its hospital in Keokuk, Iowa, to Quincy, Ill.-based Blessing Health System.
4. UNC Health strikes deal for 12th hospital
Lumberton, N.C.-based Southeastern Health and Chapel Hill, N.C.-based UNC Health have entered into a letter of intent that would make Southeastern the 12th member of UNC’s system.
5. North Carolina hospital receives 7 takeover bids
Randolph Health, a single-hospital system based in Asheboro, N.C., sold for $18.5 million after receiving seven takeover bids during a bankruptcy auction.
6. Atrium, Wake Forest Baptist merge to create 42-hospital system
Charlotte, N.C.-based Atrium Health and Winston-Salem, N.C.-based Wake Forest Baptist Health have completed their merger, creating a 42-hospital system with more than 70,000 employees.
7. 2 New York health systems explore combining
Albany, N.Y.-based St. Peter’s Health Partners and Schenectady, N.Y.-based Ellis Medicine have signed a letter of intent to explore combining.
8. Orlando Health closes $86M acquisition of CHS hospital
Orlando (Fla.) Health completed the acquisition of Bayfront Health St. Petersburg and its associated assets from Franklin, Tenn.-based Bayfront Health.
9. Texas regulators approve sale of 2 CHS hospitals
Texas regulators have approved Franklin, Tenn.-based Community Health Systems’ planned divestiture of two hospitals in the state, despite objection from the Federal Trade Commission.
10. Novant Health’s $5.3B deal for North Carolina hospital approved
The New Hanover County Commissioners voted to approve Novant Health’s $5.3 billion deal to purchase New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C.
More articles on healthcare industry transactions:
Advocate Aurora, Beaumont cancel merger
Einstein warns of cuts, ‘death spiral’ without Jefferson merger
The collapse of the Beaumont-Advocate Aurora merger: A timeline
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.