Sonoma (Calif.) Valley Health center reported its computer system has actually been down for nearly 2 weeks after a “security occurrence” required the system offline..
5 things to understand:.
1. The healthcare facility recognized a security occurrence Oct. 11 and took its computer system offline. The computer system systems are still not totally brought back.
2. The healthcare facility is unable to publish brand-new test results to its client website throughout downtime, however clients can still access the information that was loaded into their website before Oct. 11.
3. Sonoma Valley said it continued operating while its system was offline, including elective and needed surgical treatments, and the healthcare facilitys emergency services remain offered.
4. Many diagnostics services likewise continued without disruption, the hospital said.
5. Sonoma Valley still is investigating the occurrence.
More short articles on health IT: Missouri health system back online after shutdown: 4 detailsViewpoint: Why medical facility cybersecurity techniques failMichigan health system goes offline after malware attack: 4 information
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020.
The health center recognized a security occurrence Oct. 11 and took its computer system offline. The computer systems are still not fully restored.