Here are 11 current collaborations in between healthcare companies and huge tech business including Amazon, Apple, Google and Microsoft..
Jackie Drees –
Friday, October 23rd, 2020
1. Oregon and Washington joined Californias pilot project of Google and Apples jointly industrialized COVID-19 exposure alert system Sept. 16. The states will participate with California in checking the COVID-19 direct exposure notice mobile app, which intends to lower the spread of COVID-19 by confidentially informing people who may have been exposed to somebody who tested positive for the virus..
2. BestBuy Health on Sept. 24 released a brand-new flip phone equipped with Amazon Alexa voice assistance and telehealth abilities that help link older adults to health care services.
3. The Health Equity and Access Leadership Coalition, an initiative aimed at tackling health disparities by means of technology, formed Sept. 30..
4. Trade group Consumer Technology Association and development union Connected Health Initiative formed a new effort Sept. 30 intended at tackling health variations through technology. The Health Equity and Access Leadership Coalition has actually gathered collaborations from Google, Microsoft, Best Buy Health, AT&T, the American Medical Association, Boston Childrens Hospital and Validic.
5. The Pittsburgh Health Data Alliance expanded its partnership with Amazon Web Services to establish brand-new device discovering designs for earlier breast cancer and anxiety detection..
6. University of California San Francisco coordinated with Microsoft Azure, Intel and Fortanix to develop a confidential computing platform that will accelerate the development and validation of clinical algorithms.
7. Apple partnered with five health systems in the U.K. and Canada in October to make its Health Records app readily available to patients. The 5 brand-new providers using Apples Health Records app are: Oxford (U.K.) University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Milton Keynes (U.K.) University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust; Womens College Hospital (Toronto, Ontario); St. Josephs Healthcare Hamilton (Ontario); and Mackenzie Health (Richmond Hill, Ontario)..
8. Amazon partnered with Carrier Global Corp., a refrigeration and cold chain company, Oct. 12 to enhance how medication, vaccines and other items are moved and kept an eye on globally..
9. Amazon Web Services, Accenture and Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. entered into a tactical contract Oct. 13 to improve Takedas digital platforms and grow the companys data services.
10. Kids Mercy Kansas City partnered with biotechnology company Pacific Biosciences of California and Microsoft Oct. 15 on a genomic research study and tech development project to combat rare illness.
11. Newark, Del.-based ChristianaCare developed an Alexa skill for house health, dubbed Home Care Coach. It is a care plan delivered as a voice-driven ability, or ability, via Amazons digital assistant Alexa. Companies can customize a clients care strategy, and then the patient can ask Alexa questions about the plan and prescriptions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
More articles on digital improvement: St. Lukes University Health Network spends $11M on GE Healthcare ultrasound tech: 4 detailsWhy Kaiser chose Best Buy Health as a tech partnerPurdue researchers use spider web style to retool 3D biomedical imaging tech.
Trade group Consumer Technology Association and development coalition Connected Health Initiative formed a new initiative Sept. 30 intended at dealing with health variations through innovation. The Health Equity and Access Leadership Coalition has actually gathered partnerships from Google, Microsoft, Best Buy Health, AT&T, the American Medical Association, Boston Childrens Hospital and Validic.
Apple partnered with five health systems in the U.K. and Canada in October to make its Health Records app available to clients. Newark, Del.-based ChristianaCare developed an Alexa ability for house health, called Home Care Coach. It is a care plan delivered as a voice-driven ability, or skill, via Amazons digital assistant Alexa.