Here are 6 updates on Community Health Systems, a for-profit healthcare facility system based in Franklin, Tenn., reported by Beckers Health center Review because Sept. 1..
1. CHS settles client data breach for $5MCommunity Health Systems agreed to pay $5 million to settle a 2014 data breach that affected about 6.1 million clients.
2. CHS divests Florida healthcare facility, plans to offer 2 others in TennesseeCommunity Health Systems finished the divestiture of its medical facility in St. Petersburg, Fla., on Oct. 1 and got in into contracts to offer health centers in Tennessee..
3. Texas regulators authorize sale of 2 CHS health centers under COPA lawTexas regulators authorized Community Health Systems organized divestiture of two hospitals in the state, in spite of objection from the Federal Trade Commission.
4. Former CHS health center gets takeover proposalsCommunity Health Systems ended services at Shands Regional Medical Center in Lake City, Fla., on Aug. 31, and two healthcare companies are interested in taking over the facility.
5. CHS regional president to retireKeith Granger, regional president for Community Health Systems, announced plans to retire at the end of this year.
6. CHS associate pays $2.3 M HIPAA settlementA Community Health Systems entity that provides organization associate services to hospitals and centers agreed to settle infractions associated with a possible HIPAA breach for $2.3 million.
More articles on health care financing: Hospitals return $2.3 B in federal COVID-19 aid47 hospitals closed, declared personal bankruptcy this yearKaiser blasts 30% rate hike sought by Oregon system.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.