Ayla Ellison (Twitter) –
Friday, October 16th, 2020
From a federal appeals court hearing arguments in a case over CMS healthcare facility rate disclosure guideline to a telehealth provider suing a rival for supposed patent violation, here are the current healthcare market claims making headlines..
1. Federal judges signal assistance for health center cost disclosure ruleJudges for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit seemed likely Oct. 15 to support CMS guideline that forces hospitals to disclose costs they work out with insurance business.
2. AstraZeneca loses lawsuit accusing it of monopolizing antipsychotic drugA Dutch payer won a suit implicating AstraZeneca of developing an unfair monopoly on an antipsychotic drug by utilizing a patent that had actually been invalidated to obstruct generic competitors.
3. Teladoc takes legal action against Amwell for supposed patent infringementTeladoc filed a claim Oct. 12 versus Amwell declaring the business infringed on 9 patents for telemedicine technologies belonging to Teladoc.
4. Health care labor unions take legal action against United States over supposed failure to offer PPE to necessary workersLabor unions representing health care workers as well as instructors, transit operators and other front-line employees submitted a lawsuit versus the federal government over their supposed failure to provide appropriate protective equipment and other medical products to vital employees.
5. Ohio judges hold off 2 major trials blaming drug stores, suppliers for opioid epidemicJudges in Ohio held off 2 major opioid trials including suits that seek to punish drugmakers and distributors for the opioid epidemic that has killed countless Ohioans during the last 20 years.
More posts on regulatory and legal issues: Pennsylvania doctor pleads guilty to uncontrolled manslaughter in patients deathMissouri healthcare facility worker allegedly sexually attacked client after snooping her medical records4 South Carolina physicians charged in $100M billing fraud case.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.