The following hospital-union occasions have been reported since Sept. 28:.
Kelly Gooch –
Tuesday, October 13th, 2020
1. Registered nurses at Hartford HealthCares Backus Hospital in Norwich, Conn., introduced a two-day strike Oct. 13 over alleged unfair labor practices.
2. Nurses at Amita Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet (Ill.) submitted grievances declaring risky working conditions and inadequate staffing.
3. University Hospital in Newark, N.J., reached three-year bargaining contracts covering almost 3,300 employees.
4. Mentioning client security issues in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, nurses at Oakland, Calif.-based Alameda Health System and in San Joaquin Countys health system launched five-day strikes on Oct. 7.
5. Allina Health technical employees started a two-day strike Oct. 5 at St. Francis Regional Medical Center in Shakopee, Minn., and Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.
6. Employees at Niagara Falls (N.Y.) Memorial Medical Center took part in informational picketing Sept. 30 over issues associated with staffing and personal protective equipment, according to the Niagara Gazette..
7. Dignity Health and Sutter Health workers held informative pickets in September to urge management to improve staffing and make sure employees have adequate individual protective equipment.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by click on this link.