St. Louis-based BJC HealthCare has named Steven Player, PharmD, as its first vice president of diversity, equity and inclusion.
1. Dr. Player will assume the newly created role Nov. 1.
2. Dr. Player is executive director of diversity, inclusion and community engagement for BJC’s Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
3. He previously was inpatient pharmacy manager at Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
4. As inpatient pharmacy manager, he co-founded the BJH, Express Scripts and St. Louis College of Pharmacy Summer Institute, BJC said.
5. Dr. Player is also credited with creating the Barnes-Jewish Hospital-Xavier University College of Pharmacy collaboration.
6. Dr. Player has a PharmD degree from Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy in New Orleans, an MBA from Webster University in St. Louis, and a certificate in diversity management in healthcare from Washington, D.C.-based Georgetown University.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.