Cleveland Clinics leading clinicians and scientists provide the leading 10 medical developments changing new awards and medical developments to recognize health care innovation.
The list of development innovations was selected by a committee of Cleveland Clinic subject specialists, led by Will Morris, M.D., executive medical director for Cleveland Clinic Innovations, and Akhil Saklecha, M.D., handling director of Cleveland Clinic Ventures.
Here is an appearance at the top 10 medical developments for 2021 with the power to change healthcare in the next year:
1. Gene Therapy for Hemoglobinopathies
2. Unique Drug for Primary-Progressive Multiple Sclerosis
3. Smartphone-Connected Pacemaker Devices
4. New Medication for Cystic Fibrosis.
5. Universal Hepatitis C Treatment.
6. Bubble CPAP for Increased Lung Function in Premature Babies.
7. Increased Access to Telemedicine through Novel Practice and Policy Changes.
8. Vacuum-Induced Uterine Tamponade Device for Postpartum Hemorrhage.
9. PARP Inhibitors for Prostate Cancer.
RELATED: Corindus Vascular Robotics CEO Departure, UPMC Enterprises New President, Nordic Consultings New CIO, Other Health IT Hires.