The following hospitals, health systems and cancer treatment centers have opened cancer care facilities or announced plans for them in the last month.
Note: This is not an exhaustive list. If you would like to add to this list, please email email@example.com.
1. Charlottesville-based University of Virginia Health System opened a $7 million comprehensive breast care center.
2. Memphis, Tenn.-based St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital will begin constructing a new $110 million housing facility for patients and their families this fall.
3. Tyler, Texas-based Christus Trinity Mother Frances Health System plans to build an outpatient cancer treatment and research center in Tyler.
4. Edgewood, Ky.-based St. Elizabeth Healthcare opened a $130 million cancer center.
5. The Gayle and Tom Benson Cancer Center at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans completed a $56 million expansion, doubling its size.
6. Bethlehem, Pa.-based St. Luke’s University Health Network’s new hospital in Carbon County, which is set to open in 2022, will house a new cancer facility.
7. Sarasota (Fla.) Memorial Health Care System received a $25 million donation that will support construction of an eight-story oncology tower and the advancement of cancer care at the organization.
8. Ascension St. Vincent Kokomo (Ind.) hospital completed an $8 million renovation of its cancer center, according to kokomoperspective.com.
More articles on oncology:
$10M gift establishes immunotherapy center at UH Seidman Cancer Center
Radiation oncology association pushes back on CMS payment model, calls for delay
17 US cancer centers join to survey pandemic’s effects on cancer prevention, care
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.