Jackie Drees –
Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
New Hyde, N.Y.-based Northwell Health produced a brand-new predictive tool that can prepare for a spike in COVID-19 cases at its health centers by mining user data patterns from the systems website, according to a Sept. 30 press release.
4 things to understand:.
1. The digital dashboard collects 15 different signs from the Northwell.edu website and inputs them into a machine discovering algorithm to recognize patterns in site traffic, including searches for emergency department wait times and doctor page clicks.
2. The site signs are anonymized for personal privacy and produce a composite view of day-to-day web traffic, which then translates into the “public mood” of the website.
” Youre feeling sick, begin doing the research study online, but you arent so ill that you require to see a medical professional right away,” stated Ramon Soto, senior vice president and chief marketing and interactions officer at Northwell Health. “We found a really strong relationship with site activity to in-facility COVID-19 patients two weeks later.”.
3. The predictive design produces precise results because of the traffic volume on Northwells site; given that the first week of March, Northwell has actually taped more than 20 million page views paired with the geographical concentration of its 19 medical facilities, 800 outpatient facilities and 52 immediate care centers throughout New York City, Long Island and Westchester, N.Y.
4. Northwell prepares to release the source code to other health systems to assist them predict future COVID-19 cases.
More articles on digital transformation: Google, Microsoft, AT&T & more partner to mitigate health variations through technology10 hospital development leaders share the No. 1 tech gadget they could not live without at workThe future of patient engagement tech: Insights from 9 health center innovation execs.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.
The predictive design creates accurate results due to the fact that of the traffic volume on Northwells site; because the very first week of March, Northwell has actually recorded more than 20 million page views coupled with the geographic concentration of its 19 hospitals, 800 outpatient facilities and 52 immediate care centers across New York City, Long Island and Westchester, N.Y.
4. Northwell plans to release the source code to other health systems to help them predict future COVID-19 cases.
View our policies by clicking here.