Kelly Gooch –
Friday, September 25th, 2020
Here are seven labor strikes reported by Beckers Hospital Review up until now this year:.
1. SEIU Local 73 members at University of Illinois at Chicago, which includes UI Health, ended their 10-day strike after reaching a tentative contract with administration on Sept. 23.
2. University of Illinois Hospital nurses in Chicago who ended a seven-day strike on Sept. 19 reached a tentative, four-year agreement with hospital management.
3. More than 700 nurses who strolled off the task for two weeks authorized a new contract July 20 with Amita Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet (Ill.).
4. Healthcare employees at Santa Rosa (Calif.) Memorial Hospital launched a five-day strike beginning July 20.
5. Registered nurses went on strike start June 26 at Riverside (Calif.) Community Hospital.
6. Health care workers represented by Service Employees International Union Healthcare 1199NW reached agreement arrangements with Seattle-based Swedish Health Services in April after a January strike.
7. Registered nurses at San Joaquin General Hospital in French Camp, Calif., began a 48-hour strike on March 5
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by click on this link.