Here are 11 recent collaborations in between health care companies and big tech business including Amazon, Apple, Google and Microsoft..
Jackie Drees –
Friday, September 25th, 2020
1. Googles cloud division on Aug. 24 partnered with Amwell, designating a $100 million investment to help the telehealth business scale up offerings for its clients, insurance companies and suppliers ahead of its going public..
2. Amazon introduced its health tracking device, Halo, the retail giants first move into the wearables market, on Aug. 27. The gadget is integrated into EHR supplier Cerners solutions, which lets users share their health data directly into their EHR with care groups that use Cerner..
3. Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic plans to open an AI factor as part of its partnership with Google, health system CIO Cris Ross exposed Sept. 1 in an episode of the Beckers Healthcare podcast..
4. The Defense Innovation Unit picked Google Cloud Sept. 2 to develop a model for a synthetic intelligence-enabled digital pathology tool that will assist Military Health System doctors with cancer detection.
5. Google.org awarded $500,000 to Vanderbilt University Medical Center and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill on Sept. 10 to analyze how COVID-19 customizes gene expression in some people in manner ins which might cause severe disease and death.
6. Google devoted more than $8.5 million to 31 organizations to more AI and information analytics efforts concentrated on understanding the spread of COVID-19 in addition to its effect on health care workers and susceptible communities. Some of the companies that received funding consist of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Morehouse School of Medicine..
7. Microsoft and Nuance partnered in September to integrate Nuances ambient clinical intelligence options into Microsoft Teams for improved telehealth workflow and client experience.
8. University of California San Francisco researchers introduced Covidseeker, a research study examining the spread of COVID-19 utilizing individualss self-donated Google location information.
9, CVS Health revealed on Sept. 15 that it will use an one-year subscription to Apple Fitness+ to Aetna business and CVS Caremark members..
10. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs partnered with Apple to give more than 50,000 veterans cellular-enabled iPads to increase their access to virtual care services..
11. Microsoft on Sept. 22 revealed that Epic will be the very first medical record system to integrate the Microsoft Teams adapter, which permits clinicians and clients to launch telehealth visits through the platform.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
More articles on digital change: Allegheny Health to convert previous health center campus into tech innovation hub: 5 details New Orleans Bioinnovation Center gets $1.5 M for innovation jobs incubatorHealth innovation insider: 13 rapid-fire Qs with Boston Childrens chief innovation officer Dr. John Brownstein.
2. Google committed more than $8.5 million to 31 organizations to additional AI and data analytics efforts focused on comprehending the spread of COVID-19 as well as its effect on health care workers and susceptible communities. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.