What You Should Know:
– GreatCall, a division of Best Buy Health launches Lively Flip phone for seniors, with new voice capabilities via Amazon Alexa.
– The Lively Flip is the next evolution of the Jitterbug, designed to help older adults stay connected to family, friends, and health services – at a time when staying connected is especially important.
– Lively Voice services with Amazon Alexa is an all-new, enhanced feature that gives users the option to use their voice to make calls, write texts, check the weather, and more.
Best Buy Health, a division of Best Buy that is focused on enriching lives through technology, today announced the launch of Lively Flip – a new, easy-to-use flip phone to help older adults stay connected to the family, friends, and the health services they need. The Lively Flip is the next evolution of the Jitterbug, designed to help older adults live their best possible lives.
Voice Capabilities Powered by Amazon Alexa
Voice services with Amazon Alexa are an all-new, enhanced feature that gives users the option to use their voice to make calls, write texts, check the weather, and more. Users can ask general and phone-specific questions using phrases such as, “Alexa, ask Lively to call Barbara,” or “Alexa, what is the weather in Seattle?” that help make navigating the phone and staying connected easier than ever.
Flip Key Features
The Lively Flip provides more features for older adults that provide greater ease-of-use, including a large screen, big and ergonomically-designed buttons, a list-based menu, a powerful speaker, a new and more intuitive interface for improved notifications, and easier contacts management and texting. The phone’s dedicated Urgent Response button and access to doctors and nurses through Urgent Care services provide peace of mind 24/7. The Lively Flip’s refreshed UI/UX also gives the device the capability to integrate future services as they become part of the offering so that older adults can feel safe, connected, and independent.
features and services of the Lively Flip include:
– Voice services with Amazon Alexa
– 24/7 unlimited access to GreatCall’s Urgent Response agents
– Access to doctors and nurses through Urgent Care
– GreatCall Link app for family caregivers
– 8MP camera and front-facing camera
– Long-lasting battery
– Reading magnifier with LED flashlight
– Improved notifications
– FM radio
– GreatCall Rides service
– Additional ringtone and color theming options
– Alarm clock and timer
– Improved Bluetooth connectivity
– Support of wireless emergency alerts
– New and improved Brain Games by Posit Science®
Why It Matters
Cell phones play an important role in keeping older adults connected to family and friends. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, their use has grown in significance and is often the only way to stay connected as a result of social distancing. According to a recent survey commissioned by Best Buy Health, 60 percent of older adults believe that their cell phone has made them feel more connected to family and friends during the pandemic – and nearly half said their phone’s ability to keep them connected during this time has increased in importance. In addition to enabling connections, the introduction of voice services through Alexa on the Lively Flip combines the three top features and services older adults want and need in a cell phone: emergency notification (47 percent), voice assistance (43 percent), and telehealth access (24 percent).
Lively Flip is available for $99.99 (excluding taxes) with a
one-time activation fee of $35. Monthly plans are available for as low as
$14.99 per month (excluding taxes), with Health & Safety Packages ranging
from $19.99 (excluding taxes). Urgent Response is available with the
purchase of a Lively Health & Safety Package. Urgent Care is available with
the purchase of a Preferred or Ultimate Health & Safety Package. The Lively
Flip will be available for purchase in-store
and online at Best Buy and Rite Aid in late September 2020
and at Walgreens in late October 2020. It can also be purchased at
GreatCall.com and through direct sales toll-free numbers.