Jackie Drees –
Tuesday, September 22nd, 2020
When the pandemic accelerated earlier this year, NYU Langone Health had actually been preparing telehealth technologies and facilities for its diabetes patients prior to COVID-19 but changed mainly to video visits.
1. NYU Langone Health Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Health Director Lauren Golden, MD, stated that “with diabetes emerging as a significant threat element for COVID-19, we felt it was important to spare our patients the potential direct exposures that in-person gos to would involve.”.
2. Because much of the centers clinicians were recruited to inpatient floorings as part of the health systems COVID-19 response, video check outs permitted those who remained in outpatient care to efficiently take control of management of their colleagues clients.
3. The diabetes center had developed the necessary tech infrastructure for video check outs prior to the pandemic and had actually already begun training patients to collect data on their blood sugars and insulin dosing from remote, individual devices. This preparation assisted support the centers virtual shift, Dr. Golden added.
” We sent clients links to software application downloads, and most of them were able to find out how to transmit readings to us online,” she stated. “We emailed logs to the others, so that they might fill them out and send them back.”.
4. Video visits have actually helped support NYU Langones diabetes group fulfill clients altering needs; the center now helps clients by sending links to workouts for brand-new workout regimens and can conference with patients to deal with stress-relief techniques such as yoga and meditation.
5. The health system anticipates to continue video visits even after the risk of COVID-19 decreases.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
The diabetes center had actually established the required tech facilities for video check outs before the pandemic and had actually already begun training clients to gather data on their blood sugars and insulin dosing from remote, individual gadgets. This preparation helped support the centers virtual shift, Dr. Golden included.
More articles on telehealth: Amazon expands virtual medical center throughout Washington state: 5 detailsSams Club introduces $1 telehealth visits for members: 7 detailsVA taps Apple to supply 50,000 veterans with iPads for virtual care services.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material?