St. Louis-based SSM Health stated it will stop dealing with severe trauma cases, end cardiac and intricate neurological surgical treatments and close its labor and shipment unit at St. Joseph Hospital in St. Charles, Mo.
Alia Paavola –
Monday, September 21st, 2020
Numerous healthcare organizations just recently closed medical systems or ended services to shore up finances, concentrate on more sought-after services or prevent client care lapses. Here are 9 that have announced or completed closures in the last two months:.
Health Center. Asheville, N.C.-based Mission Health is ending main care services at two of its offices, the health system confirmed to Beckers Hospital Review.
3. West Hills (Calif.) Hospital, owned by Nashville, Tenn.-based HCA Healthcare, is closing its obstetrics program and neonatal extensive care unit Nov. 1..
Dallas-based Tenet Healthcare sent 90-day closure notifications for inpatient medical services at Natick, Mass.-based Leonard Morse Hospital. The proposal calls for the closure of medical/surgical services, the extensive care system, operating rooms, the emergency department and outpatient rehab services.
5. Franciscan Health Rensselaer (Ind.) Hospital will close its certified domestic system. The healthcare facilitys 21-bed AlternaCare system is slated to close Oct. 1, 35 years after it opened.
6. Mercyhealth, a seven-hospital system based in Janesville, Wis., announced in August that it is cutting inpatient emergency situation services at Javon Bea Hospital-Rockton in Rockford, Ill.
7. Riverside (Calif.) Community Hospital stated it will close its pediatric unit Nov. 17 due to low client volume.
8. Pointing out a monetary hit from the COVID-19 pandemic, Claremont, N.H.-based Valley Regional Healthcare will completely close its urgent care clinic in Charlestown, N.H..
9. MetroWest Medical Center intends to shutter its inpatient pediatric unit at Framingham (Mass.) Union Hospital by the end of November due to low patient volume.
Healthcare Facility. Asheville, N.C.-based Mission Health is ending primary care services at 2 of its offices, the health system verified to Beckers Hospital Review. Franciscan Health Rensselaer (Ind.) Hospital will close its certified domestic unit. The health centers 21-bed AlternaCare unit is slated to close Oct. 1, 35 years after it opened.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
More short articles on patient circulation: North Carolina hospital opens maternity system after 28-year closureWashington health center resumes surgeries after 13-day pause1 dead, 4 hurt in Wisconsin ambulance crash.
Riverside (Calif.) Community Hospital stated it will close its pediatric unit Nov. 17 due to low patient volume.
St. Louis-based SSM Health stated it will stop dealing with serious injury cases, end cardiac and intricate neurological surgeries and close its labor and delivery system at St. Joseph Hospital in St. Charles, Mo.