Rochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic launched an online COVID-19 tracking tool analyzing information for every county in all 50 states as an interactive map.
6 things to know:
1. The map consists of data such as cases by county and state, brand-new cases per day, favorable test rate and fatality rate. The map likewise tracks patterns over time and provides guidance on appropriate action to take.
2. Mayos chief worth officer, Henry Ting, MD, a cardiologist and health services researcher, worked with the health systems data scientists to establish the tools content and validate details.
3. The health system aims to continue developing the tracking tool and add more real-time tracking and predictive modeling in the future.
4. The Mayo tracker is different from other online COVID-19 trackers consisting of the Johns Hopkins, Google and CDC sites since those sites include forecasts about cases and hospitalizations at the state level; Mayo goes deeper to supply info at the county level, according to a short article in the StarTribune.
5. Dr. Ting likewise informed the StarTribune that Mayos tracker is different due to the fact that it doesnt rely on static mathematical presumptions and the model is fluid, enabling criteria to alter on a day-to-day basis.
6. The website likewise has a resource center that offers info from Mayo professionals and Mayo-vetted info about COVID-19 that Dr. Ting hopes will be “nonpolitical and primarily science-based and data-based” details, he told the StarTribune.
More posts on health IT:20 bold predictions for health IT in the next 5 years We seem like we were data shamed: Christus Dr. Sam Bagchi on COVID-19 reporting issuesEpic CEO Judy Faulkners 5 forecasts for healthcare post-pandemic
The map includes information such as cases by county and state, brand-new cases per day, positive test rate and fatality rate. The map also tracks trends over time and supplies guidance on proper action to take.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.