The update, offered in acknowledgment of National Physician Suicide Awareness Day Sept. 17, concentrates on programs developed to recognize and support psychological health challenges amongst employees.
New York City Health + Hospitals offered an upgrade on staff psychological health care at the 11-hospital safety-net system.
Kelly Gooch –
Thursday, September 17th, 2020
Since the COVID-19 peak in New York City, the health system said it has actually seen:.
1. More than 9,000 unit-based health rounds, that include mental health professionals and peer-support teams engaging employees and linking them with resources if asked for.
2. More than 2,300 additional debrief encounters that include group debriefs, one-on-one peer support sessions and wellness events..
3. More than 350 staff members have gone through U.S. Defense Department-developed battle stress training.
4. Nearly 200 calls to its anonymous behavioral health employee-only hotline, which links employees with psychiatrists/ psychologists.
5. About 63,000 sees to respite/wellness rooms.
Find out more about New York City Health + Hospitals psychological health efforts here.
More articles on workforce: How to produce clinician durability: 3 professionals weigh inNew Jersey medical facility faces nearly $10K in fines over respiratory standards4 medical facilities employing nurses.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.