Over the past few months, Cerner has grown its partnerships with healthcare players consisting of Amazon and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and appointed brand-new executives.
Cerner laid off 100 staff members June 23 as part of its third round of layoffs since September 2019. At the time, Cerner stated it prepares to work with 5,000 new workers by the end of 2020 and workers who were laid off are eligible to use for the upcoming positions.
Here are 11 moves the Kansas City, Mo.-based EHR giant has made considering that June:.
Jackie Drees –
Tuesday, September 15th, 2020
2. In July, Cerner revealed it will not reopen its company offices until 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and instructed its employees to continue working from house.
3. Cerner has actually invited a handful of brand-new executives over the last couple of months, including Peter Liebert as Cerner Government Services brand-new vice president and primary information gatekeeper; William Mintz as Cerners new chief strategy officer; and Ron Lattomus as the companys brand-new director of federal programs.
4. On July 23, Cerner revealed a brand-new arrangement to deploy Holon Solutions point-of-care platform that can draw out relevant client info from Cerners population health platform and deliver it into the clinicians EHR workflow. Later that month, Cerner also partnered with Nuance to integrate its virtual assistant tech into its Millennium EHR, providing clinicians the ability to navigate the platform using voice commands.
5. Cerner in July introduced a brand-new cloud-based EHR offering, called CommunityWorks Foundations, to help rural and crucial gain access to healthcare facilities accelerate the execution process and reduce expenses..
6. The EHR vendor, throughout the second quarter of financial year 2020, purchased an unnamed cybersecurity company for $35 million. On Aug. 3, income cycle management providers R1 revealed it finalized its acquisition of Cerners RevWorks services company.
7. Cerner and investment firm LRVHealth invested $6 million in digital health start-up Xealth as part of a new cooperation in August. The collaboration in between Xealth and Cerner will supply clients their digital data in an effort to improve client engagement in their treatment strategies.
8. In August, Politico reported that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs plans to resume its $16 billion Cerner EHR go-live in October after hold-ups previously this year. Later that month, the U.S. Coast Guard began deploying the Department of Defenses brand-new Cerner EHR system at 4 medical facility pilot websites in California. Cerner and the VA likewise presented a modified schedule for the task present, kicking off go-lives at Midwest VA facilities.
9. Cerner coordinated with Testing for America in August to support efforts to bring cost effective and rapid COVID-19 testing to students, professors and personnel at historically Black institution of higher learnings..
10. Amazon on Aug. 27 launched its new health tracking gadget Halo, which is incorporated into Cerners EHR options to enable device users to choose in to share their health data directly into their EHR and with care teams that use Cerner. San Diego-based Sharp Healthcare was the first Cerner client to take part in the partnership.
11. Finland authorities partnered with Cerner in September to help construct a new digital platform that will integrate healthcare and social services, providing people with access to incorporated outpatient and inpatient care, behavioral healthcare and family services.
In August, Politico reported that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs prepares to resume its $16 billion Cerner EHR go-live in October after delays previously this year. Later that month, the U.S. Coast Guard started releasing the Department of Defenses new Cerner EHR system at 4 medical center pilot sites in California. Amazon on Aug. 27 introduced its brand-new health tracking gadget Halo, which is integrated into Cerners EHR options to enable device users to opt in to share their health data directly into their EHR and with care groups that utilize Cerner.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
More short articles on EHRs: AHIMA partners with Meditech on EHR digital training: 4 things to understand Widow of HealthAlliance client sues hospital, EHR supplier for not launching hubbys medical records Ohio medical facility releases Meditech EHR.
On July 23, Cerner announced a new agreement to release Holon Solutions point-of-care platform that can extract relevant patient details from Cerners population health platform and provide it into the clinicians EHR workflow. Later on that month, Cerner likewise partnered with Nuance to integrate its virtual assistant tech into its Millennium EHR, offering clinicians the ability to navigate the platform using voice commands.