The cardiology physician practice market is highly fragmented and consists mostly of regional practices with less than five physicians, according to a new report from KPMG.
There are 3,013 active cardiology physician practices in the U.S. Here is a breakdown of the practices by size, according to the report:
• Cardiology groups with 1 physician: 1,159
• Cardiology groups with between 2 and 5 physicians: 945
• Cardiology groups with between 6 and 10 physicians: 271
• Cardiology groups with between 11 and 20 physicians: 136
• Cardiology groups with between 21 and 50 physicians: 70
• Cardiology groups with more than 50 physicians: 30
More articles on cardiology:
Median pay for 5 cardiology subspecialties
Top 10 cardiology stories in August
SUNY Downstate faces 4th lawsuit alleging inadequate cardiac patient care, retaliation against surgeons
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.