Blackbaud is a company that shops donor info for organizations. Many of the info exposed included the names, birth dates, addresses and telephone number of donors and some patients. The breach occurred in between Feb. 7 and May 20, and the vendor alerted companies of the breach in July.
Blackbaud paid the ransom for the aggressors to ruin their backup file of taken information. Far, the breach is known to have actually impacted more than 2 million people throughout at least 11 health U.S. health systems.
Here is a list of the afflicted health systems and the number of people with info exposed. The number of possibly exposed individuals has not been made public for all health systems.
1. Atrium Health (Charlotte, N.C.): N/A
2. Catholic Health (Buffalo, N.Y.): N/A
3. MultiCare Health System (Tacoma, Wash.) 300,000
The Blackbaud security breach impacted more than 25,000 nonprofit companies worldwide, consisting of many health systems in the U.S.
4. Northern Light Health Foundation (Brewer, Maine): 657,392.
5. NorthShore University HealthSystem (Evanston, Ill.): 348,000.
6. Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (Chicago): 55,983.
7. Saint Lukes Health System (Kansas City, Mo.): 360,212.
8. Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, Mich.): 52,500.
9. UF Health (Gainesville, Fla.): 135,959.
10. UK HealthCare (Lexington, Ky.): 163,000.
11. UT Health San Antonio: N/A.
More short articles on cybersecurity: Arizona imaging service providers EHR hit by ransomware exposing information of 244,800 patients Roper St. Francis employee email hack exposes 6,000 patient medical recordsIllinois nurse declares she was fired for declining to breach HIPAA: 4 information.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
The Blackbaud security breach affected more than 25,000 not-for-profit companies worldwide, consisting of many health systems in the U.S.
Blackbaud is an organization that stores donor information company organizationsShops Most of the info exposed included the names, birth dates, addresses and phone numbers of donors and some patients. The breach took place in between Feb. 7 and May 20, and the supplier alerted companies of the breach in July.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content?