The report comes after President Donald Trumps Aug. 3 executive order to improve rural health and telehealth access by making sure services irreversible once the COVID-19 public emergency situation ends. The strategy has four focuses: developing a sustainable health and human services design for rural neighborhoods; utilizing technology and development; preventing illness and mortality; and increasing rural access to care..
HHS on Sept. 3 released the Rural Action Plan, an agencywide assessment of current and upcoming rural healthcare efforts, consisting of increasing innovation and innovation through telehealth expansions..
Jackie Drees –
Friday, September 4th, 2020
Eighteen HHS workplaces and agencies teamed up to develop the plan, that includes 71 new or broadened activities for 2020 and beyond..
7 things to know:.
1. Grants, policy and regulative efforts and research study analyses will support rural tech and telehealth development efforts..
2. HHS will release a health challenge that uses innovation to enhance screening and management of postpartum anxiety for rural females..
3. To increase telehealth expansion, HHS will supply more than $8 million in grant funding for the Telehealth Network Grant Program, delivering emergency care speaks with via telehealth to rural providers that do not have emergency situation care specialists..
4. There will be a concentrate on establishing new versatilities for Medicare Advantage prepares to improve access to handled care choices in rural areas by modifying network adequacy assessments for MA plans and considering how telehealth providers can assist in contracted networks..
5. In financial year 2020, the Health Resources and Services Administration is using about $30 million to broaden using telehealth services to fulfill the needs of medically underserved and rural areas, particularly for tele-emergency and tele-behavioral health services..
6. Trumps financial year 2021 spending plan likewise aims to expand eligibility to telehealth websites where the supplier sees the client at a distance more healthcare company types, consisting of rural health centers and federally certified health. This would increase telehealth through expanding Medicares fee-for-service telehealth benefit and eliminate barriers to telehealth services for companies taking part in alternative payment models..
7. The budget plan proposition would classify rural health clinics and federally certified university hospital to be remote site suppliers for Medicare telehealth services and be reimbursed for services at a rate similar to payment for similar telehealth services under the Medicare physician fee schedule..
Click on this link to view the complete report..
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
More short articles on telehealth: Ohio Medicaid transfers to make telehealth growths permanentTelehealth claim lines fell 21% from May to June: 4 things to knowHHS, FCC and USDA launch joint rural telehealth initiative: 3 details.
6. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.