These stories from genuine coroners on
Ask Reddit are creepy AF.
1. Spoke with a pathologist at a conference, throughout her training at the medical inspectors workplace, they were doing an autopsy on a body that was found by a river. They did a CT and something looked funny about his gut. When they opened him up, his stomach moved, it was a snake that had burrowed inside his body, it struck and bit one of the techs prior to they recognized what was going on.
2. Pennies. Numerous cents, nearly six dollars worth inside the skin all over the legs and arms. The deceased was a hermit, lived alone, purchased out for each meal. Apparently he d been surgically implanting cents in his skin for several years. No fucking clue why.
My good friend who does autopsies discovered barbie doll heads in the intestinal tracts of a 21-year-old female. The odd part is she died from COPD.
4. We had a person who took a bullet to the back of his head, execution-style and after the x-rays identified the bullet was not in his head any longer, we couldnt discover the exit wound anywhere. We found it exited perfectly out of one of his nostrils leaving no trace of an external exit injury as soon as we took out the brain.
5. My sibling in law remained in his early 60s and passed away from a cardiovascular disease. Throughout his autopsy, it was noted he only had one kidney. He never ever had a kidney eliminated and the just surgical treatment he ever had was to have his appendix removed. And the mortician stated that it remained in reality got rid of and not simply an abnormality. When he was extremely young, the appendix surgery happened.
One of my buddies does autopsies and he said that he discovered 24 screws in the large intestinal tract of a 75-year-old lady. The weirdest part is she died of a heart attack while in the shower.
7. An 88-year-old grandma passed away of carbon monoxide poisoning. During the autopsy, we couldnt open the back of the cranium. After much drilling we realized that her cranium was around 3-4 cm thick all the method around, leaving her with the smallest brain on a grown woman Ive ever seen. She was fully working and never seemed affected by it in the tiniest. Ive never seen anything like it.
8. When I was a student I saw an autopsy of a man who had hanged himself. When we checked the primary arteries in the heart he had a substantial clog. He was basically just about to have a huge cardiac arrest so probably would have passed away anyhow! Sorry pretty grim.
My boss once discovered a 6-inch home builders nail in a chaps thigh. He d passed away on site after a mishap however the nail was all recovered over, even where it had nicked the bone so it shouldve been there a few years.
Back in the 90s, I worked for the business that was contracted to move bodies for the coroner. When they did the post mortem, there were numerous dressmaking pins and needles under her skin (mainly in her legs). The coroner thought she should have inhaled it.
5 years earlier, in an autopsy I saw, the client was put down to have passed away from post-surgical issues from a colostomy (infection lead to sepsis and ended with MOF). When they started the evaluation and looked they discovered some surgical tweezers left behind which was associated to being the cause of the infection because of how tucked away they were.
12. Incidental finding of a toothpick lodged in the small intestinal tract.
13. Device spleens were very typical, but one lady had 14 of them, but no actual spleen. Simply 14 little blueberry-sized device spleens.
14. Elderly female with 5 extremely old tampons in her vaginal canal.
15. Pal informed me he discovered a set of dentures in somebodys thigh. Didnt say a word to anybody about it for a couple of years either.
16. Person called his ex-wife, told her he was ending everything, had a weapon, eliminated to the middle of nowhere, and … Died of a heart attack. We couldnt think it either.
17. An old shut-in died from natural causes, and his body was discovered a couple of weeks after he passed.
During the autopsy, the coroner found what seemed thin copper wire running the length of the decedents arms, legs, and torso. It was embedded under the skin, with a single point or “outlet” emerging at the base of the neck.
The guy had no family, so nobody had a clue how the wires got there or why.
18. Saw photos of a young man who had actually died at home and his family pet fox then consumed part of his face.
19. While completing the post-autopsy repair work for a gentleman, I discovered a plastic ladle tucked under the ribs. It was most likely left by some poor autopsy technician who got shouted at for losing the excellent ladle.
20. I was as soon as in a mental health facility for just a brief amount of time, and I fulfilled a female whose child passed away from a drug overdose and had been upset at her for selling her grandmas necklace for what she thought was drugs, but when the autopsy returned it was discovered in her stomach.
Obviously she was swallowing the same necklace for many years and I can envision why somebody would do that.
Spoke with a pathologist at a conference, during her training at the medical examiners office, they were doing an autopsy on a body that was found by a river. My pal who does autopsies discovered barbie doll heads in the intestinal tracts of a 21-year-old female. We had a guy who took a bullet to the back of his head, execution-style and after the x-rays identified the bullet was not in his head any longer, we could not discover the exit injury anywhere. One of my friends does autopsies and he stated that he found 24 screws in the large intestinal tract of a 75-year-old woman. When they began the assessment and looked they discovered some surgical tweezers left behind which was attributed to being the cause of the infection since of how tucked away they were.