Here are 26 reported in June, July and August:.
Kelly Gooch –
Tuesday, September 1st, 2020
Many U.S. hospitals and health systems have furloughed personnel to assist offset revenue losses from the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, some are beginning to bring furloughed workers back as they resume nonemergency procedures and medical visits..
Editors note: This webpage will be upgraded consistently..
1. Chillicothe, Ohio-based Adena Health System placed about 580 workers on furlough in April. On Aug. 31, Adena ended furloughs for all staff members.
2. Hyannis, Mass.-based Cape Cod Healthcare furloughed 595 employees in May due to minimized patient volumes and monetary losses related to the pandemic. On Aug. 28, the health system announced that it has remembered 477 of the 595 furloughed employees, and 118 will be laid off.
3. University of Chicago Medical Center furloughed more than 800 staff members in May. Healthcare facility officials told Beckers Hospital Review Aug. 26 that the furloughs ended and no other layoffs or more furloughs have actually been announced.
4. Little Rock, Ark.-based Baptist Health has actually revived furloughed employees and reversed decreases in advantages, President and CEO Troy Wells told news site Talk Business & & Politics in August. Since the end of July, Baptist Health brought its workforce back, and it has actually likewise restored some of the retirement benefits the health system dropped in April, Mr. Wells told the news website.
5. Springfield, Ill.-based Hospital Sisters Health System stated it prepares to reduce its workforce by 10 percent, consisting of some employees who were furloughed in late April. The health system stated many employees will return to work, but it can not bring them all back.
6. Akron, Ohio-based Summa Health restored 654 workers it furloughed throughout the spring. As of Aug. 4, 74 employees stayed on furlough.
7. Hartford-based Connecticut Childrens Medical Center furloughed hundreds of employees throughout the pandemic, and a lot of are back at work, CEO James Shmerling informed the Hartford Business Journal.
8. Southfield, Mich.-based Beaumont Health revived 1,360 furloughed workers. The health system furloughed 2,475 employees in April.
9. Fayetteville, N.C.-based Cape Fear Valley Health brought back 721 furloughed employees. In March, the health system furloughed 783 workers to help offset financial damage from the COVID-19 pandemic. Cape Fear Valley said other furloughed employees were laid off permanently.
10. Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria, Ore., said July 28 that it renewed 34 of the 90 positions the healthcare facility furloughed.
11. Fayetteville, Ark.-based Washington Regional Medical Center revealed strategies to restore all 305 furloughed employees.
12. Sarasota (Fla.) Memorial Health Care System revived 640 furloughed workers.
13. Daytona Beach, Fla.-based Halifax Health laid off 95 of the nearly 400 Halifax Health staffers furloughed in April. The remaining furloughed workers are starting to go back to work, and those not impacted by the layoffs will be back by Aug. 1..
14. Elmira, N.Y.-based Arnot Health said it brought back about half of the about 400 individuals it furloughed in mid-April, according to WETM-TV.
15. Guthrie Clinic said most furloughed staff have actually returned to the Sayre, Pa.-based health system, according to WETM-TV.
16. Charlottesville-based University of Virginia Health System will end a few of its pandemic-related furloughs and pay cuts by the end of July and others in August.
17. Holyoke (Mass.) Medical Center revived almost 170 of 250 furloughed staff members at the start of July, and another 80 to 90 are expected to return at months end, President and CEO Spiros Hatiras informed BusinessWest.
18. MUSC Health, an eight-hospital system based in Charleston, S.C., called back nearly half of the employees who had actually been furloughed.
19. Lewiston-based Central Maine Healthcare remembered about three-quarters of its 300 employees furloughed in April, representative Kate Carlisle informed the Sun Journal..
20. Lewiston, Maine-based St. Marys Health System has recalled 80 percent to 85 percent of its 77 workers furloughed in April, spokesperson Steve Costello informed the Sun Journal. Others are expected to return in July.
About 3,000 furloughed employees at healthcare facilities in the Dayton, Ohio, area were called back to work, according to the Springfield News-Sun. 5,648 hospital workers were furloughed in the 11-county area during the pandemic.
22. Since June 1, Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center in Ogdensburg, N.Y., brought back 34 workers, including nurses and personnel for surgical treatment, according to WWNY-TV. This is out of about 175 workers who were furloughed in April..
23. St. Lawrence Health System, a three-hospital system in Potsdam, N.Y., called 80 furloughed staff members back to work as of June 1, according to WWNY-TV. The health system furloughed about 400 workers.
24. St. Josephs Health in Syracuse, N.Y., brought back 135 employees since June 1, according to Syracuse.com. The company, a member of Livonia, Mich.-based Trinity Health, furloughed 500 employees in April.
25. Crouse Health in Syracuse, N.Y., an affiliate of New Hyde Park, N.Y.-based Northwell Health, brought back 63 of its 278 furloughed employees since June 1, according to Syracuse.com..
26. Lewis County Health System CEO Gerald Cayer stated June 12 the Lowville, N.Y.-based company will end the eight-week furlough that put 14 percent of its labor force on unpaid leave, according to nny360.com. 10 furloughed staff members had gone back to work since June 12, and Mr. Cayer stated other staff members would return to work starting June 21
More articles on labor force:.
Akron, Ohio-based Summa Health brought back 654 employees it furloughed throughout the spring. Fayetteville, N.C.-based Cape Fear Valley Health brought back 721 furloughed workers. Daytona Beach, Fla.-based Halifax Health laid off 95 of the almost 400 Halifax Health staffers furloughed in April. St. Lawrence Health System, a three-hospital system in Potsdam, N.Y., called 80 furloughed workers back to work as of June 1, according to WWNY-TV.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.
HHS offers $107.2 M to money health training in underserved and rural areas17.7 M health care workers might be disqualified for emergency paid ill leave, analysis finds55 Tampa General Hospital employees test positive for COVID-19.
Hospital authorities informed Beckers Hospital Review Aug. 26 that the furloughs ended and no further furloughs or other layoffs have actually been announced.