Here are six updates on Epics operations, software application products and partnerships reported by Beckers Hospital Review in August.
Editors note: The updates are noted in the order they were reported.
Jackie Drees –
Friday, August 28th, 2020
In early August, hundreds of Epic workers began voicing issues to the Verona, Wis.-based EHR giant about its then required on-campus return in September. Epic then alerted its staff members on Aug. 8 it will adjust return-to-work requirements and tapped Cleveland Clinic to examine its plans.
2. Prime Healthcare finished its acquisition of Ontario, Calif.-based St. Francis Medical Center and began transitioning it to its Epic EHR system..
3. Legendary on Aug. 17 confirmed strategies to develop a big application services division by merging 4 departments: end user training, implementation, quality assurance and technical interactions..
4. A U.S. appeals court on Aug. 20 ruled that the $280 million in punitive damages Indian consultancy group Tata was bought to pay Epic Systems are “constitutionally extreme” and be reassessed..
5. New York-based United Health Services is transitioning to Epic and plans to go survive on the new EHR and billing system Sept. 12..
6. The University of Kansas Health System executed its Epic EHR system at its Great Bend-based health center campus on Aug. 24, and prepares to deploy the EHR at extra areas..
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.
More posts on EHRs: 16 health centers, health systems looking for Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talentAllscripts awarded 5 new app patentsVA releases 1st go-live of EHR modernization program: 3 information.
In early August, hundreds of Epic employees started voicing issues to the Verona, Wis.-based EHR giant about its then required on-campus return in September. Legendary then informed its staff members on Aug. 8 it will adjust return-to-work requirements and tapped Cleveland Clinic to review its plans. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material?