The analysis, performed in May by McKinsey & & Co. in partnership with Leanin.org, examined 43 health care companies with about 51,300 total workers..
Health care has higher female representation at all task levels compared to other U.S. markets, however women of color in health care continue to deal with representation difficulties, according to a brand-new report..
Kelly Gooch –
Tuesday, August 25th, 2020
1. Ladies in healthcare hold 66 percent of all entry-level positions and 59 percent of all supervisor positions. That compares with 48 percent and 38 percent, respectively, in all U.S. industries, consisting of financial services, commercial and automotive manufacturing.
2. Womens representation in health care reduces as the position level gets higher, with the greatest reduction coming between the level of supervisor and senior supervisor.
3. Women in health care report high job complete satisfaction. Almost 75 percent of them stated they mored than happy with their professions compared to about 69 percent of men.
4. External hiring of women in healthcare increased in the C-suite, from 33 percent in 2017 to 42 percent in 2018.
5. There is an absence of representation of females of color in healthcare. Ladies of color represent 20 percent of entry-level positions, however that declines to 7 percent for vice president functions, 4 percent for senior vice president functions and 5 percent in the C-suite.
That compares with 48 percent and 38 percent, respectively, in all U.S. markets, including financial services, vehicle and industrial production.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
More posts on management and management:4 officers: Heres my advice to systems reviving 500+ furloughed workersNorth Dakota sees 2nd leading health authorities resignSupreme Court to hear ACA repeal case this fall.
Females in healthcare report high task satisfaction. Ladies of color account for 20 percent of entry-level positions, however that declines to 7 percent for vice president functions, 4 percent for senior vice president roles and 5 percent in the C-suite.
Find out more about the findings here.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020.