From a previous employee suing a New Jersey hospital for defamation to a healthcare facility chain implicated of billing scams, here are the current healthcare market lawsuits making headings.
1. Character assassination suit implicates New Jersey medical facility of bowing to Twitter mob The previous director of doctor recruitment at Mountainside Medical Center in Montclair, N.J., sued the health center for character assassination, claiming she was fired after a picture appearing to reveal her doing a Nazi salute throughout a Black Lives Matter rally was posted to Twitter.
2. Steward, medical billing company implicated of prohibited revenue enhancement schemeA proposed class-action suit pending in Texas federal court declares Dallas-based Steward Health Care and Medical Reimbursements of America engaged in billing fraud in automobile mishap injury cases.
3. New Jersey laboratory takes legal action against Cigna, accused of denying compensation for COVID-19 servicesA radiology lab in New Jersey took legal action against Cigna Aug. 12 over repayment for COVID-19-related services. The claim, filed by Open MRI and Imaging of RP Vestibular Diagnostics, implicates Cigna of wrongfully rejecting payment for almost $400,000 in services offered to COVID-19 patients..
4. Judge supports denial of UPMCs strategy to develop hospitalAn Allegheny County (Pa.) Court of Common Pleas judge upheld a choice by the Jefferson Hills Borough Zoning Hearing Board to reject UPMC a license to build a hospital.
5. Minnesota assisted living home takes legal action against woman for stating center is trying to eliminate locals with COVID-19 testingA southern Minnesota retirement home sued a citizens relative over a video she published on Facebook declaring the facility is evaluating locals for COVID-19 in an effort to kill them.
6. Virginia pharmacy school files fit versus accreditation firm, calls process bizarrely contradictory and KafkaesqueHampton (Va.) University submitted a federal lawsuit against the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, alleging the agency unjustly withdrew accreditation from its pharmacy school.
7. HCA Kansas medical facility sues union over 401( k) plan grievanceHCA Healthcares Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park, Kan., is suing National Nurses United for complaints the union filed over cuts to nurses 401( k) plan.
8. Humana sues Teva over recalled blood pressure drugsHumana submitted a suit against Teva Pharmaceuticals over its sale of since-recalled blood pressure medication which contained carcinogenic substances.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
More posts on regulatory and legal concerns: Florida doctor charged in $681M billing fraud schemeFeds arraign guy for positioning as doctor, offering COVID-19 cure on internetComplaint of medical record snooping at UPMC hospital prompts federal examination.
New Jersey lab sues Cigna, implicated of denying compensation for COVID-19 servicesA radiology laboratory in New Jersey took legal action against Cigna Aug. 12 over compensation for COVID-19-related services. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.