Childrens National and the university granted $250,000 in grants from the FDA to eight organizations for their medical technology developments. One of the winners will also be selected at a later date to get a 1 year residency at Johnson & & Johnson Innovations JLABS, which is situated on Childrens Nationals Research and Innovation Campus and set to open in January 2021.
Jackie Drees –
Friday, August 7th, 2020
Here are the 8 winners of the competitors and what they will utilize the award for:.
Washington, D.C.-based Childrens National Hospital and University of Maryland in College Park collaborated in July to host a virtual competition concentrated on developing brand-new innovation for pediatric care during the COVID-19 pandemic, according to an Aug. 6 WJLA report.
1. Blossom Standard received $20,000 for its wearable, expert system powered ultrasound for baby pulmonary and heart screenings.
2. Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia got $20,000 to establish a transparent and recyclable facemask that shows facial expressions.
3. Hopscotch received $20,000 for its “gamified” cognitive behavior modification computer exercises to enhance children engagement with treatment programs.
4. Medipines received $50,000 for its display gadget that catches respiratory parameters analyzed from an individuals breathing sample.
5. OtoPhoto received $20,000 for its smart otoscope that assists identify ear infections during telehealth visits.
6. TGV-Dx got $50,000 for its phenotype-based test system for quick selection of effective antibiotic routines.
7. Vitls got $50,000 for its remote client tracking wearable platform.
8. X-Biomedical received $20,000 for its portable clever intensive care system ventilator for adult and pediatric clients.
More articles on digital improvement:13 hospitals, health systems releasing development centers in 2020Change Healthcare reports 18.8% Q1 earnings drop: 5 detailsProvidence spinoff Xealth gets $6M from Cerner, LRVHealth.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.