Alia Paavola –
Monday, August 3rd, 2020
Twenty-eight transactions involving medical facilities and health systems announced, advanced or finalized because July 1:.
1. Marshfield Clinic acquires, relabels 2 healthcare facilities from AscensionMarshfield (Wis.) Clinic Health System completed its acquisition of 2 healthcare facilities from Ascension Wisconsin.
2. Providence St. Joseph Health affiliate in talks to buy 80-bed California health center The district managing Petaluma (Calif.) Valley Hospital has actually proposed offering the 80-bed center to an affiliate of Renton, Wash.-based Providence St. Joseph Health. The proposal follows several stopped working attempts to find a medical facility operator to lease it..
3. California conditionally authorizes sale of 2 hospitals to AHMC HealthcareCalifornia Attorney General Xavier Becerra conditionally authorized the sale of two California hospitals to for-profit healthcare facility operator AHMC Healthcare on July 27..
4. Carilion Clinic finishes purchase of Virginia medical facility, renames it Carilion Clinic has actually finished its purchase of Lexington, Va.-based Stonewall Jackson Hospital, the Roanoke, Va.-based organization stated July 24..
5. Mayo Clinic purchases out partner, takes control of 6-story London facilityRochester, Minn.-based Mayo Clinic has actually ended up being the sole owner of a six-story health care clinic in London.
6. Michigan hospital mulls joining health system amid monetary hardshipWar Memorial Hospital, an independent medical facility in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., is considering joining a health system after facing some financial obstacles. It is deciding between two health care companies, but left them both unnamed..
7. Methodist Healthcare to acquire 5 freestanding EDs in TexasSan Antonio-based Methodist Healthcare prepares to buy five freestanding emergency situation departments in Texas.
8. 2 New York health centers explore integration Two healthcare facilities in Yonkers, N.Y., St. Johns Riverside Hospital and St. Josephs Medical Center, remain in speak to check out a combination or shared services contract. The 2 organizations, which state its prematurely to identify if the talks will become a merger, said the goal of the prospective integration is to improve healthcare in Yonkers and discover methods to support each other financially..
9. California conditionally approves sale of nonprofit medical facility to Prime Healthcare California Attorney General Xavier Becerra has conditionally authorized the sale of a not-for-profit, safety-net hospital in Lynwood, Calif., to for-profit health center operator Prime Healthcare. Los Angeles-based Prospect Medical Holdings is making a last-minute attempt to obstruct Prime Healthcare Services from buying a 384-bed insolvent medical facility in Lynwood, Calif..
10. WVU Health eyes takeover of struggling 223-bed West Virginia hospitalWVU Health System will likely take control of operations at the economically strapped Wheeling (W.Va.) Health center after the 223-bed healthcare facility settles a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department. Although Morgantown, W.Va.-based WVU Health System took over management of Wheeling Hospital in 2015, its day-to-day operations are still supervised by the hospitals board of directors, and it is still owned by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston. However WVU Health said it is “all set, able and willing” to fully take over the healthcare facility after the pending settlement is reached..
11. 619-bed California medical facility to join Cedars-Sinai Huntington Hospital in Pasadena, Calif., has actually gotten in into a conclusive contract to join Los Angeles-based Cedars-Sinai Health System, approximately 4 months after the companies signed a letter of intent to check out an affiliation..
12. 12-hospital CHI Franciscan-Virginia Mason system would belong to CommonSpirit under brand-new dealWashington health systems CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason concurred to explore a combination through a joint operating company that would be part of CommonSpirit Health, the organizations said July 16..
13. Ascension Via Christi to take control of operations of closed medical facility EDWichita, Kan.-based Ascension Via Christi will presume operations of a health center emergency department that closed quickly this year.
14. St. Louis healthcare facility protects $18.5 M bid A hospital operator has concurred to pay $18.5 million to acquire St. Alexius Hospital in St. Louis, among the facilities owned by Americore Holdings when it declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy last year..
15. SSM Health to sell Missouri hospitalSt. Louis-based SSM Health plans to offer its healthcare facility in Mexico, Mo., to Kansas City, Mo.-based Noble Health.
16. Banner Health inks $200M offer to obtain Wyoming hospitalWyoming Medical Center in Casper would sign up with Phoenix-based Banner Health under a proposed deal revealed July 14 worth more than $200 million..
17. Novant Health wins quote for New Hanover Regional Medical CenterWinston-Salem, N.C.-based Novant Health was selected as the brand-new partner for New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, N.C..
18. McLarens acquisition of Ohio health center OK d by stateMcLaren Health Care, a 14 healthcare facility system in Grand Blanc, Mich., got approval from the Ohio Attorney Generals Office to obtain St. Lukes Hospital in Maumee, Ohio.
19. CHS sale of 480-bed Florida health center progresses Orlando (Fla.) Healths proposed takeover of Bayfront Health St. Petersburg (Fla.) Hospital from Community Health Systems has received approval from the St. Petersburg City Council.
20. NorthShore to get Northwest Community HealthcareEvanston, Ill.-based NorthShore University HealthSystem has actually participated in a contract to get Northwest Community Healthcare, a single-hospital system based in Arlington Heights, Ill.
21. Previous board member takes managing stake of Rennova HealthAn financier and previous member of West Palm Beach, Fla.-based Rennova Healths board now owns a managing stake of the healthcare facility operator, according to a July 8 filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
22. 2 New York medical facilities join forces, complete association dealGlens Falls (N.Y.) Hospital officially signed up with Albany (N.Y.) Med Health System as an affiliate, the 2 companies revealed..
23. St. Lukes obtains 12th Pennsylvania hospital Bethlehem, Pa.-based St. Lukes University Health Network has actually obtained Easton (Pa.) Hospital from Steward Health Care, a for-profit system based in Dallas..
24. WVU Health System adds 12th hospital New Martinsville, W.V.-based Wetzel County Hospital formally signed up with the Morgantown-based West Virginia University Health System on July 1.
25. Saint Lukes takes over medical facility from HCA Kansas City, Mo.-based Saint Lukes Health System presumed management of Allen County Regional Hospital in Iola, Kan., on July 1.
26. CHS offers medical facility, exits LouisianaFranklin, Tenn.-based Community Health Systems has actually finished the sale of Northern Louisiana Medical Center in Ruston to Allegiance Health Management..
27. Advocate Aurora sells 2 healthcare facilities for $190MUrbana, Ill.-based Carle Health has actually finished its $190 million acquisition of 2 health centers from Advocate Aurora Health, which has double headquarters in Downers Grove, Ill., and Milwaukee..
28. CHS offers healthcare facility to Orlando HealthOrlando (Fla.) Health on July 1 finished its acquisition of St. Cloud (Fla.) Regional Medical Center from Franklin, Tenn.-based Community Health Systems..
More articles on healthcare deals: Trinity Health tried to offer having a hard time Chicago medical facility for 18 months, documents showProspect Medical Holdings tries to obstruct sale of 384-bed insolvent California hospital6 health center offers canceled, delayed.
Michigan healthcare facility mulls signing up with health system amid monetary hardshipWar Memorial Hospital, an independent health center in Sault Ste. Marie, Mich., is thinking about signing up with a health system after dealing with some financial challenges. 2 New York hospitals explore integration Two healthcare facilities in Yonkers, N.Y., St. Johns Riverside Hospital and St. Josephs Medical Center, are in talks to explore a combination or shared services agreement. California conditionally approves sale of nonprofit healthcare facility to Prime Healthcare California Attorney General Xavier Becerra has conditionally approved the sale of a nonprofit, safety-net medical facility in Lynwood, Calif., to for-profit medical facility operator Prime Healthcare. Healthcare facility after the 223-bed hospital settles a settlement with the U.S. Justice Department. Morgantown, W.Va.-based WVU Health System took over management of Wheeling Hospital last year, its everyday operations are still supervised by the hospitals board of directors, and it is still owned by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.