Alia Paavola –
Friday, July 31st, 2020
Healthcare facility closures and systems returning relief aid were amongst the health care finance subjects that piqued the interest of readers in July..
Here are five of the most popular finance stories released by Beckers Hospital Review in July..
1. 8 health systems with strong financesHere are eight health systems with strong operational metrics and solid financial positions, according to reports from Fitch Ratings, Moodys Investors Service and S&P Global Ratings. The list is present as of July 13..
2. Jackson Health on a devastating course after losing out on COVID-19 relief help, CEO saysJackson Health System, a safety-net system based in Miami, has actually taped losses of $78 million this year and has been shut out of federal financing meant to help hospitals hardest hit by the pandemic.
3. Georgia medical facility to close in OctoberSouthwest Georgia Regional Medical Center, a 25-bed important gain access to health center in Cuthbert, Ga., will close in October due to monetary stress gotten worse by the coronavirus pandemic.
4. Chicagos Mercy Hospital to close in 2021After nearly 170 years of operation, Mercy Hospital & & Medical Center in Chicago will close in 2021, pending approval from the state review board. The health center noted that it can no longer sustain regular monthly operating losses of $4 million..
5. 9 medical facilities return $166.5 M in CARES Act paymentsCongress allocated $175 billion in relief aid to healthcare facilities and other doctor to cover costs and lost earnings tied to the COVID-19 pandemic, a part of which was dedicated to health centers hardest hit by the pandemic. Below are nine hospitals that returned their stimulus payments in May and June..
More articles on financing: West Virginia hospital closes todayChildrens Hospital of Philadelphia warns of furloughs amid continued unpredictability 16 current healthcare facility credit rating actions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by click on this link.
8 health systems with strong financesHere are 8 health systems with strong functional metrics and solid financial positions, according to reports from Fitch Ratings, Moodys Investors Service and S&P Global Ratings. 9 health centers return $166.5 M in CARES Act paymentsCongress assigned $175 billion in relief help to healthcare facilities and other healthcare companies to cover expenditures and lost profits connected to the COVID-19 pandemic, a portion of which was devoted to medical facilities hardest hit by the pandemic. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content?