Jackie Drees –
Wednesday, July 29th, 2020
Humana on July 29 revealed a $100 million investment in and brand-new collaboration with telehealth house care start-up Heal..
1. Given that releasing five years earlier, Heal has provided more than 200,000 telehealth-powered main care house check outs for patients in New York, New Jersey, Washington, California, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland and Washington, D.C..
2. By partnering with Humana, Heal and the Louisville, Ky.-based payer will broaden its house care footprint to markets consisting of Chicago, Charlotte, N.C., and Houston. Recover provides telehealth services to Medicare eligible, Group Commercial and individual protection recipients..
3. The growth aims to support Humanas Bold Goal effort, which concentrates on creating options to address social factors and health-related needs for members and neighborhoods in geographical markets consisting of Chicago and Houston..
4. Since the COVID-19 pandemic started, Humana and Heal have been interacting to offer Humana members main care services through Heals telehealth platform..
5. As part of the collaboration, Humanas Segment President of Home Business Susan Diamond will join Heals board of directors. “The partnership with Heal belongs to Humanas efforts to construct a more comprehensive set of offerings across the spectrum of home-based care, with high quality, value-based medical care being an essential foundational component,” she said..
More articles on telehealth: New Hampshire anesthesiologists release virtual ICUConsumer pharmacy telehealth app Ro raises $200M: 3 notes Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota extends telehealth coverage through 2020.
By partnering with Humana, Heal and the Louisville, Ky.-based payer will broaden its home care footprint to markets consisting of Chicago, Charlotte, N.C., and Houston. As part of the partnership, Humanas Segment President of Home Business Susan Diamond will join Heals board of directors. © Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content?
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.