Walgreens is checking a new type of shop that minimizes square footage and emphasizes the drug store. Internally, the pilot project is called “Cooper,” according to CNBC..
Alia Paavola –
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
Here are eight things to know:.
Walgreens has opened more than 30 small-format drug stores as part of the pilot program. Depending on how they carry out, the retail drug store chain plans to open more of them across the U.S.
3. Due to the fact that they usually cater to clients who are just picking up medications upon discharge, the little stores were motivated in part by Walgreens shops that are near healthcare facilities.
4. The small stores are in a variety of cities, including Mobile, Ala., Indianapolis, Knoxville Tenn., and Greenville, S.C. The first shops were opened in early 2019.
5. In the little shops, there are less items for sale in the front of the shop and less over-the-counter medications. They have to do with a quarter of the size of a typical Walgreens store, which sits at 13,500 square feet, according to CNBC.
6. The shops concentrate on the pharmacist and consumer relationship. Walgreens sees the smaller sized shops as a location where consumers can have more one-on-one discussions with pharmacists, especially consumers with persistent conditions, Rina Shah, Walgreens vice president of drug store operations, told CNBC..
” These stores are really planned to supply a high-touch experience, and even a convenient experience, to our patients in a various capacity than possibly a really busy 24-hour area where individuals are coming in and out,” Ms. Shah said. “The value of drug store is not so much the prescription that you take. Its understanding how to take the medication, what negative effects you need to manage, and then ultimately, how do you handle your disease going forward.”.
7. The drug stores also use vaccinations.
More short articles on drug store: Pfizer sues HHS over Medicare rulesPrices of 245 drugs treked in 6 monthsCoalition of drugmakers to reveal $1B endeavor to pursue prescription antibiotics.
Walgreens has opened health corners in some of its shops, leas space to diagnostics company LabCorp and offers some primary care through third-party business. In addition, 230 Walgreens stores have centers staffed with nurse practitioners.
Walgreens has opened health corners in some of its stores, rents area to diagnostics business LabCorp and provides some main care through third-party business. In addition, 230 Walgreens stores have actually clinics staffed with nurse practitioners.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.
The little shops are in a variety of cities, consisting of Mobile, Ala., Indianapolis, Knoxville Tenn., and Greenville, S.C. In the small stores, there are fewer products for sale in the front of the shop and less non-prescription medications. They are about a quarter of the size of a typical Walgreens store, which sits at 13,500 square feet, according to CNBC.