Maia Anderson, Katie Adams and Alia Paavola –
Tuesday, June 30th, 2020
Below are the 10 leading drug store stories published by Beckers Hospital Review in June, starting with the most popular:.
1. 5 drugmakers have remembered metformin products after FDA warningSince the FDA said in late May that it found inappropriate levels of a carcinogen in metformin– the generic name for a drug typically used to manage blood sugar level in Type 2 diabetes clients– five drugmakers have actually released recalls of their metformin products..
2. FDAs vaccine head stops Operation Warp Speed days after joiningPeter Marks MD, PhD, gave up Operation Warp Speed, the White Houses task force to develop a COVID-19 vaccine, just days after joining the program in May, according to Politico.
3. FDA asks 5 drugmakers to recall metformin productsThe FDA has asked five drugmakers to willingly remember their metformin items after it found undesirable levels of a carcinogen in the drug, The Wall Street Journal reported..
4. Sanofi shocks leadership, brings in 4 new execsSanofi brought in four new executives in what it states will be the last major modification made to streamline its executive leadership team..
5. 10 things to understand about the steroid called a significant development in COVID-19 treatmentResearchers from the University of Oxford in England touted outcomes June 16 of a medical trial that discovered a commonly used steroid might considerably enhance survival rates in COVID-19 patients..
6. Cigna sues lots of drugmakers in alleged price-fixing schemeCigna, one of the countrys biggest health insurance companies, has submitted a claim implicating lots of generic drugmakers of breaking national and state antitrust laws by fixing prices..
7. Pharmacist incomes throughout the most typical work settingsPharmacists operating at outpatient care centers had the highest typical salary in 2019, according to information from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics..
8. Zoloft in lack due to increased need during pandemicThe FDA added Zoloft, among the most frequently recommended antidepressants in the U.S., to its list of drugs in shortage as need for the drug has increased throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Bloomberg reported.
9. Boehringer Ingelheim appoints brand-new CEOGerman pharma business Boehringer Ingelheim called Jean-Michel Boers its new CEO, according to a June 15 new release.
10. AstraZeneca plans to disperse as much as 2 billion COVID-19 vaccines dosesAstraZeneca said June 4 it has partnered with a number of companies to help disperse and make approximately 2 billion doses of the speculative COVID-19 vaccine it is developing with Oxford University..
More short articles on pharmacy: Pfizer takes legal action against HHS over Medicare rulesPrices of 245 drugs hiked in 6 monthsCoalition of drugmakers to unveil $1B venture to pursue prescription antibiotics.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2020. Intrigued in LINKING to or REPRINTING this material? View our policies by clicking here.